Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what does the cucv m1009 blazer have for alternators?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by big_truxx, Aug 3, 2005.

1. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

i know 100a but are they just a normal alt like from a sbc? need to know as cucv i am buying does not have either alt.

2. M-1028

M-1028 1/2 ton status

When I bought mine the part #'s crossed to an early model BIG BODY caddy with a 500ci monster.

3. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

:saweet: but :screwy: at the same time. know what i mean vern? :haha: so basically I can throw in one from any gm like say another 6.2 truck and be fine i am assuming.

4. M-1028

M-1028 1/2 ton status

I have no idea if any other GM alt. will work but If you want to replace the ones you have just get the part #'s crossed like I did. I wish I could help you but in your case I'm sure the best thing you can do is replace it with the same parts expecially if your going to keep it 24 volt.

5. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

well not forever i do not imagine... i do not see the great benefit of keeping it 24v... but yes to start with i do agree. and already seem to have found a pair of alts. so when i do get the truck here i will get it all ship shape and o road and start driving it in stock form and see what happens from there. but it is a great and positive learning experience. thans for the hekp! ;) :waytogo: