Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What does this line go to, th400??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by protechk5, Dec 11, 2006.

1. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

Alright today while trying to figure out where my m1008 with 6.2/400/208 leaks from I found this. Its a metal line with a rubber end on it, cant figure out where it goes. Its on the passenger side of the th400. Any ideas???
    [​IMG]

2. bronc3buster842001

bronc3buster842001 1/2 ton status

thats the vacuum line for the modulator which makes the trans shift i dont know where it hooks up at on a 6.2 but on a 350 it goes to the intake behind the carb hope u get it figured out

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

could bee...

Looks like that was the original modulator vaccuum hose/tubing,and someone used rubber hose on the modulator instead for whatever reason..it goes to a swutch on the injector pump that controls the vacuum,and gets its vacuum from a vacuum pump thats where a distributor usually sits on a chevy gas motor...

BTW--that rubber hose looks damaged where it goes on the modulator..

It could be a vent hose for the tranny too,or a gas tank breather hose..:crazy:

4. YZEATER

YZEATER 1/2 ton status

where does the other end go to?

5. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

well i found the other end
    [​IMG]

I guess it was the old modulator vaccuum? Cuz theres a all ruber one. And diesel4me- Yeah in the picture it looks messed up, but its good, thats just oil on it. Looks like my real main seal is leaking. Although I cant figure out why the my passenger side front leaf spring is soaked in oil(the rear of it). Either way I have a bunch of leaks. The front main seal looks to be leaking too.

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

yes..

That is where the modulator hose goes,there should be a vacuum switch it plugs onto bolted to the injector pump...looks like someone used rubber hose to replace the OEM steel line for some reason?...

Might want to take your CDR valve off the valve cover and see if its clogged with sludge..it looks like a big mushroom..(on the passenger side valve cover)..it does pretty much what a PCV valve does for a gas engine--relieves pressure in the crankcase,and prevents oil from being pumped past the rings and seals..might be causing your seal leaks..you can wash it out in diesel fuel--it has a rubber diaphram in it--if its ruptured it wont work,so be careful when cleaning it..:crazy: