Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What does your temp. gauge read?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by not4show, May 5, 2002.

1. not4show

not4show 1/2 ton status

Along the way I have changed the engine, dash, radatior, tempture gauge and everything in between on my truck. However, recently it's reading hotter than what it had been. It reads at almost half way under everyday driving, where it used to read at about 1/4 from the left. So, I put a new thermostat in to see if that would fix it, but it did not. The last thing that I changed before it read hotter was the dash. I don't think it runs any hotter than it did, I just think the gauge could be off. It maybe because I changed the dash. I was just wondering what most of your 1st generation dashes are reading normally?

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Mine reads 1/4 from the left. I have a 160* t-stat.

3. JIMs70K25

JIMs70K25 1/2 ton status

Mine reads 1/2 scale. 190 deg thermostat.

4. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Mine reads about a needle width below the "normal" range normally, and just into the normal range when I'm really banging on it. I've tried six different gauges and 4 sending units. All read pretty close to the same. I run a 160 degree Robertshaw thermostat and a Rodney Red aluminum radiator.

5. not4show

not4show 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys.