Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What does your Truck mean to you?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mudjunkie 82, Oct 26, 2003.

1. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

My buddy told me that I am crazy because I said I would not sell My truck for any price.I guess he does not understand the time and effort besides the money that goes into a Truck. what about you.

2. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

I said the same thing about a year ago...but...that has changed since the rubicon trip...i need to beef it up so much more than it was just to survive the trip and just did not want to dump anymore into it..also blazers just suck if i want to compete in Calrocs..not exactly easy to make it through the cones /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif...so stripped the 60 and 14 out of it and building a buggy...

3. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

It means that I'm broke most of the time...

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    My buddy told me that I am crazy because I said I would not sell My truck for any price.I guess he does not understand the time and effort besides the money that goes into a Truck. what about you.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no amount of money that would ever keep me from having a truck. I would sell my truck if I could make enough money to buy parts and build another one though as building them is part of the fun.

5. Aquaman

Aquaman 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

my truck means enough that even though the woman i plan on marrying doesnt like it because its brown and has no a/c, im still keeping it.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

I'd sell mine for $8k... which is $3k more than it's worth even if I repaint it again. I could maybe get $5k out of it if I repainted it, put a vinyl or carpet floor in, and put something over the cracked dash.

Why $8,000 you ask? Well, that's about the money I'd need to buy a already mostly built trail rig (Dana 60/14FF, lifted, decent tires, not a deathbox) and find another $2k junker like mine was and restore it to what my truck is now.

8. mudjunkie 82

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]It's worth it!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

"any" amount of money? no questions... I'd sell my rig. I dont care how much time/effort I have put into it.. some wacko rich guys comes along and offers me $50,000 for it, its SOLD!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Then I'd build another one for cheap, and get ol beater 1-ton 454 rig for a tow rig, and a trailer, and a ATV and a seadoo. Pocket the rest. yes, i wub my truck... but i aint dumb. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

10. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

my truck is something that takes my money faster than i can wink and gives me problems all the time..and i still love the damn thing..i dunno!!?? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

I heer ya bryguy. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. Im only 17 but have allready lifted it put a new motor in it a new tranie, and locked the front and rearends.not to mention taking back cans so i can change my oil ( damn minimum wage). But i love my truck and it would take some serious dude with some serious money to get me to sell it. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

12. mudjunkie 82

Thats the way I feel about mine. I built it from the frame up, A lot if Sentimental Value!

13. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

My truck is the cause and solution to most of my stress! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

My truck is a member of the family. She was there when I got married, when I bought my first house and bought both my little girls home from the hospital when they were born. Sure she pisses me off from time to time, but she gets my wife to work in the winter(60 miles each way) a couple of times a week and takes the whole family out to the rec property about 20 times a year.

I guess I'm trying to say that it would be hard to imagine not having the K5 around.

15. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

heh..yea minumum wage blows..pretty soon when i finish getting al lthe parts my truck will be lifted 5"..got some 33's on it now..putting a new exhuast in it...and when i get the money plan on a 3/4 swap..38's, and a 3" body lift..but im lucky ill be able to lift it at al with my budget /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

16. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    My truck is a member of the family. She was there when I got married, when I bought my first house and bought both my little girls home from the hospital when they were born. Sure she pisses me off from time to time, but she gets my wife to work in the winter(60 miles each way) a couple of times a week and takes the whole family out to the rec property about 20 times a year.

I guess I'm trying to say that it would be hard to imagine not having the K5 around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im curious as to how you bought two little girls /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

my truck started out as a stock truck with worn 33" all terrains, and now its got so much customization to it to make it just the way i like it, i almost think of it as a god, or a child of mine because if anyone messes with it i will break their face, well maybe not but i love my V10 chevy, and if it ever dies i'll drive it to a field then load up the bed with explosives and light the wick and walk away, because i couldnt stand junking it or selling it. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

18. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Ive thought about it before, and no amount of money could get me to sell it. Already got wayyy too much sentimental value.....Mostly time laying under it and not driving it, but countless hours workin on it with my dad, countless gallons of sweat and blood....not to mention a helluva lotta money in it. Even if i rolled the thing and it burned id drag it home and start again...

19. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

a guy in my class once asked if i would take trade my chevy luv for a honda S2000. I told him no question, i would keep my luv, its my first truck and my first motor rebuild and the first thing i put after market parts on. I know it inside and out and it has NEVER let me down (well once the starter whent out but its light enough i could push start it bymyself). The ford on the other hand... forst $4k takes it /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

20. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I wouldn't give you four cents for either of those rigs. To each their own, but I can't imagine why anyone would build up such rigs. Then again, I'd take either of those rigs over a Honda any day. At least GM owns most of Isuzu.

My truck came to me with stock springs, 31x10.50R15 road tires on stock wheels and 10 bolts with a rear gov-bomb. It had a 700/208 combo with the TCC plug unplugged because it must have been gutless with the 2.73 gears it had. I DID roll it, I DID bend the frame once, and it keeps coming back for more. Oh well...it looks like crap, big deal....it's not for looks and it sure is a dependable rig.