Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what doors will fit???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by babyburb, Apr 23, 2007.

1. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

So my BIL works for a paint and body shop and works with a guy that bought a 90 something model burb for the engine, tranny, and front power doors. He is willing to swap the rest of his for my c30 frame which I have no probs with. I was going to make it into a trailer anyway. A few questions.

Will my 76 doors fit on this until I can find some new doors?
    My other question is how much should I expect to pay for a set of power doors from an individual/ junk yard.

I also have another BIL that might have a set off of a 1/2 ton extended cab probably 90ish model as well. Are pick up doors the same as burb doors?

I am just trying to figure out what vehichles I can look for for the donor.

As soon as I hear exactly what year model it is I will post back up. I will try to find out this evening.
    Thanks

2. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

front doors are the same for blazers, suburbans,and trucks. the only differences are the mirror mounts on the older ones and power or not.

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

If its a 91 or 90 Burb , your doors fit . Its its a 92 or newer Burb , different body style .

From 1973 to 1987 pickups and to 1991 Blazer, Suburban, Crew Cabs , the doors remained the same dimensions and body line .....except the full convertible Blazers in 73,74,75 .

Only difference is older mirrors to newer mirrors , door panels , and maybe wiring .

4. pennsylvaniaboy

pennsylvaniaboy 1/2 ton status

dude doors are doors just dont try to change body style haha