Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What drive line parts can I use from a 1 TON Dodge?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mpascino, Jul 29, 2001.

1. mpascino

mpascino 1/2 ton status

Found a 1 ton dodge pickup for sale by me pretty cheap. I have heard rumors the front and rearends outta them can work in a chevy? Is this true? Also pretty sure it has a 305 t-case behind a three speed automatic. Is there any chance the t-case can be used behind a chevy trans? I already have a 14 bolt FF, so the rear could go to anyone on the board cheap. Anyone had experience with this?
    Thanks,
    Mike

You call that dirty!?

2. mpascino

mpascino 1/2 ton status

Sorry meant 205 t-case. Anyone know the input spline count on a dodge 205 ?

You call that dirty!?

3. RGF

RGF 1/2 ton status

You can put a Dodge D-60 front in a GM but it will require some mods, first off the Dodge spring pad width is 32 1/2" and the GM has 31 1/2". You wont be able to do anything with the cast in pad so you will have to move just the drivers side pad which will throw off your off-set alittle.

The Dodge measures 67" wheel flange to wheel flange and the GM 60 is 69"
    Dodge 60`s have that bolt on hubs that everyone dislikes.

You will need to change the steering arm to GM or have the Dodge arm reworked.
    The shock mounts will have to be cut off and relocated or they will hit your leave springs in the stock location.
    The brake line hook-ups are completely different so you will spend some time there too!
    The Dodge has 1/2" wheel studs and the 14bolt you plan on using has 9/16".

If you are handy and have a welder/grinder etc. it can be done but it wont be an afternoon swap thats for sure!
    Oh I forgot about the spring plate issue, you will have to use the Dodge ones so you can forget about using your swaybar or fab up something.

The Dodge NP205 wont bolt-up to a GM transmission either.

RGF

4. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

You should be able to get away with not moving the spring pads, just pull/push the springs around to get them to line up. I have a couple buddies that have done this on Dodges w/Chevy front ends.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd