Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What else could go wrong?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Topdown, Jan 27, 2003.

1. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Ok... someone please tell me what I have done wrong here... it seems so simple.

I have a 4" set of Rear springs installed (Thanks everyone that recommended Oregon spring for the U-bolts!) in addition to a 1" block for a total of 5". I also have a set of what are supposed to be 4" front springs. However, when I install the front springs, the front is much higher than the rear... almost 2 inches. So I am wondering if I didnt get a set of 6" front springs. they are TC springs P#TCI-CX4M (20020719). What gives? This makes day 2 that the K5 is on blocks and its killing me. The new springs are so long that my front shocks wont let the axle drop far enough to get them in...(Rancho RS9000 9151)

The rears went in well once I got new U-Bolts.

Anyone have any thoughts?

-Ryan /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

I know what to do.. buy my shackle flip and 57's /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

heheh... too bad I am already flat a$$ broke /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif As it is, I will probably have to buy new front shocks because the 9151's dont seem to be long enough for even a 2" lift let alone a 4" lift. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I may seem like a total ass for asking this but are the front springs in the rear?

Do you have any pics??

can you pull a tape on them??

-Jeremy

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

also the springs only go in one way there is a front and back to the springs /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif not saying you dont know what your doing just pointing out something that some people didnt know /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif hope you get it fixed /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Ok, it is possible that you got 6" springs instead of 4". But, what brand of lift did you buy again?? Some brands are over arched when they are new and then they "settle" to their advertised lift height after a little driving. If you have everything in the right spot, and the rig doesn't settle after a little time, all I can suggest is;

A. get 2" add a leafs and add them to your spring pack or..
    B. Get 2" blocks and new u-bolts, or...
    C. call the place you bought the springs and exchange them for 6" lifted springs.

7. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Not a total a$$... but, I do have the rears in the rear and the fronts in the front. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

8. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

nope, got them in front to back the right way... matched them to the springs I took out when I took them out...

and dont be worried, at this point, I would be grateful if someone pointed out that I was sitting on my head... as long as it gets the K5 off blocks. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Tuff Country lift. I figured they would all settle a little, but dont think they will settle 3 full inches.

So, I am thinking that I will call and try to get a set of 4" fronts... at least, thats what I thought I wanted with a set of 4" rears.

10. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Muahahahaha

I have the correct front springs... but I have the wrong REAR springs!

So, I either need to get a new set of 4" lift (6" springs) or a 2" front.

Man... what a pain in the kiester!

11. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

DOH!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Did they send you the wrong ones?? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

12. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I have 2" springs I'll trade you for up front, less than 6 months old and they are tuff contry EZ rides....

13. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

My brother just did a 6" trailmaster lift. and he had to lift the rear 8" to level it out. Front springs are made to settle I guess.
    The 4" Ranchos' i sold jeff-muddytazz lifted his burb 5.5" /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
    But with the zero rate it should be pretty close ???
    Just pull the bottom leafs off the front to lower it and soften them up,LOL

-Jeremy

14. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

When I ordered the 4" front and rear lift I think someone just thought, ok... 4" front and 4" rear... easy enough. Probably didnt spend more than 10 seconds thinking about it. Oh well, LesSchwab is willing to take them back and give me a new set, so... in a week or so (the K5 still on stands) I will be good to go.

Now the question becomes, "should I stay with the rancho RS9000's (I need new ones, the ones I have are too short) or go for the Explorer Pro Comp adjustables? Thoughts? I really like the adjustable shocks so I can fine-tune.

P.S. the good news is that after this, all I need is a CB and I am ready for the trail /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif... at least, until I break something /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I'd go adjustable if I could. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Frank just put a set of them on his burb. He swears by them.

16. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

What about the new 9000's, 9 levels of adjustment.....

17. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

What about the new 9000's, 9 levels of adjustment.....

18. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I put the new RS9000X shocks on the Burb, after having the RS9000's on my K5, and as Shane said, I love them. They're cheaper than the Pro Comp units too, and if you go to 4WPW on 82nd, ask for an Oregon Bushhackers discount, you'll get them for about $65 apiece. That is what I paid, and they list for $82. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif