Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What ever happened to spanking...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cbbr, Jan 31, 2006.

1. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

http://www.newswatch50.com/news/state/story.aspx?content_id=2208606B-356E-4FF9-9D66-3F0F69B8C2F7

2. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Oh yeah its a whole new world dont you know? I guess kids can sue you also. If my boy ever sues me, ill take his allowance ha ha:doah: :D

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

My wife has some new "No hitting" policy going, if she keeps it up I'm gonna slug her in the neck...Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!:haha: Damn I just cracked myself up...:doah:

4. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Spanking is alive and well in my household.

We just don't do it while the kids are awake.:haha:

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

physical intimidation is how mother nature intended parents to "control" their offspring. Pretty much any animal that doesn't completely abandon their young does it. Trying to get humans to not do it is just another part of the left-wing utopia dream. Say what you want about 1920s dad, there wasn't no Columbine-like crap going on back then. Everyone was afraid of their dad... even if he wasn't around. "No way Johnny, my dad would whoop my ass!" is the response to a 'lets go do something illegal'. It worked and it takes human nature and our primal nature into account... prolly why the commies don't like it.

j

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I honestly believe the lack of spankings is why we have gang problems today. Young children need too be taught right and wrong. They also need too be taught respect for other people and thier belongings. Most of the "Problem" children grew up without being taught too respect other people and thier stuff.

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

My 4th grade teacher used to apply the patented neck grip on us when we got outta line, it's a great attention getter and I still use it to this day. Dis respect to respect in 2 seconds. remember when an adult from anywhere USA would catch you doing something stoopid and smack the crap outta ya.No way would that sh!t fly todayTeachers, neighbors ,parents beware...

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I don't believe parents should talk down to kids (no goochie-goo stuff from me...) but at the same time its unquestionably true that young kids are incapable of grasping why they should do the right thing. If dad whooping butt is the reason, they understand that... so it works. If the reason is obscure/confusing.. and the action doesn't seem (to them) like it will have negative consequences, then you move into the "why not do it" mode. Not good. Later in life when the brain matures and they have an etho... then other types of motivation work great.

j

9. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

i always got diciplined. wouldnt even been something i did and i got whooped. its sd when you see a 5 year old telling the parents what to do and they do it. if i told my parental what to do i got a mouth full of soap. i remember one time whe i was prolly 7 or 8 i got mad and ran into the woods and yelled the f word as loud as i could. somehow my dad heard it and when i got back he grabed my ear and dragged me into the kitchen. told me to lick the bar of soap or he was gunna squirt dish soap in my mouth. took a big ole bite off the soap bar and spit it at him. got grounded for a few days but that was about the end of it a my house.

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I never treated my kid with googoo gaga **** always from birth, adult speak and it has definately had an effect on his ability to talk to others, adults as well as peers...

11. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Got my a$$ busted innumerable times!!! My Dad the most, almost every teacher and principle............now just from the wife!!! :wink1:

12. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

You hit the nail on the head with that one.

13. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

spare the rod spoil the child.my son knows what a paddle is.:D

14. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Both of our children know what both my wife's and my hand feels like travelling at a fairly high velocity when it crashes into they're behind. We don't deal with them getting out of line. One, maybe two warnings then pow. We don't draw blood or leave bruises or anything like that but if their reactions say anything I know it stings.

More often than not they don't do the same thing wrong twice.

15. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

I dunno where your at man ,,,,"here and there" ha ha:haha: :D but,

the laws here are,(Ca.) very strict. If you get caught spanking your kids in public, and somone turns you in,the agency can take them away with no questions asked. Go up in your home with no search warrant or anything man.And take your kids away.Just like that. GONE :crazy:

They overide the law basically.Put them in a foster home , and who knows what then? They could be gone for months .:crazy: And i know for sure, this is true because they did it several freinds of freinds sort of deal, people we know, who know them. Were talking working class citizens man, dosent matter if the parent is on drugs or anything, its all up to the worker basically.Ive heard they kind of really get off on that too, like a power high.Like actually enjoy it. These are people who probobly got punked in high school lol. I can see with good reason, but, ive heard some real messed up things they have done, to some real good folks who decided on spanking:crazy: , and someone who diddnt like them decides to turn them in,,,,

WOOP! NO KIDS! I can see they might be good for people who deserve that,but honestly, ive seen and heard alot of things that just werent right,they did to good folks. And ive been told the people who are upset because they are messing around with their children, and there family , because they love their family, get the shaft even worse. And get labeled as someone with an "anger problem", give them a break .

All true. Sucks.

16. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Thats why the neck grip is so effective , no hitting and it shuts the kid up in a big hurry...:D

17. cbbr

My original thought was that charging a 7 yr old with a crime for throwing a snowball might be a bit silly. I probably did not ord that very well. I jst thought that a good spanking might do as well as criminal charges.:crazy:

18. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Yeah whell,bro, all they have to do is say something to the wrong person , and your being investigated :wink1: , do you know how that sounds? :haha:

" My dad grabs me by the neck?":haha: Youre done!!!!! Its kind of funny here, but, if a teacher caught wind of anything like that, you know its against the law for them NOT to look into it?:haha:

I can picture you with the beany,the glasses,,, some jim beam:haha: and thats all she wrote! :haha: :D

19. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Its all good reading, good facts in here. :wink1: Also, i spank, just not in public , amd not too hard:wink1:

20. cbbr

Don't get me wrong - I spank and its works. That direct nerve from the ass to the brain is amazing.