Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What Every Biker Should Know

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Oct 26, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

It used to be that all bikers shared a common bond, an unspoken code of ethics and behavior that transcended words and was built on actions. There was never a bible written on this Biker's Code and there was no need for such to me. But the times are a-changin' and there seems to be a lot of new riders out there. These days the riders you see blastin' down the tarmac are just as likely to be clad in shorts and sneakers as jeans and engineer boots. And the roughest, toughest-looking biker you pull up next to could be your doctor or lawyer and may be wearin' a Rolex watch under his leathers. There's nothing wrong with that, so long as these new riders learn the Code of the West just as we old-timers did. Being a biker used to be about using your creativity to take a basket case old hawg and using only grit and ingenuity, turning it into a one of a kind eye dazzler, then risking your life on the asphalt n a bike you made yourself out of pride. Bikers wore leather and grease because they knew cagers would just as soon run them down as look at them, so they had to be intimidating. We were a breed unto ourselves with no union, no support group, and in many cases, no family (they threw us out). We had to make it in the world of our own, against all rules, against mainstream society, and against all odds. You know, we survived and prospered because of the Biker Code of the West and we never took [darn] from anybody. As an old scooter tramp named Jug once said, "It's every tramp's job to school the young. How else are they gonna know a Panhead from a bed pan?" With that in mind, we bring you a primer on the basic two-wheeled Code of the West. Take heed, brothers and sisters, for our Code is a hallowed one filled wit The Biker Commandants Don't take any [darn], Be kind to woman, children and animals, but don't take any bullshit. This is an essential part of being a biker. It has to do with respect and honor. Anyone can be a brash, quick-tempered lout. Be cool, stand tall and backup What you say with action. Never lie, cheat or steal, Another way of saying this is to always tell the truth. Bikers are always the greasy bad guys in the movies, but every real biker knows that his word is his bond. Your word is all you have in life that is truly yours. Guard it carefully and be about something noble, for you are a true knight of the road. Don't snitch, If you see a wrong, fight it yourself, If you are about anything. You'll take care if problems yourself and never feel the need to snitch someone off. Snitches are the lowest life forms on earth, right up there with biker thieves. This rule goes hand in hand with the next one. Don't Snivel, Absolutely no one likes or respects a sniveler. Another way to say this is hold your mud. Still another way to think of it is, "Don't sweat the small stuff" Most of life's little inconveniences work themselves out whether you snivel or not. Keep your chin up, dammit! You're a biker, not some lowly mollusk. Never say die and never give up, Whether it's in a fight, a debate, or a business deal, no matter how bad it gets, a biker never gives up. That's why you see a lot of wealthy bikers these days, 'cause they don't know how to quit in an element of their lives. In the biker world of rugged individualists, only the strong survive. Help others, When a brother or sister is broken down by the side of the road, stop and help them. Even moral support, it that is all you can give, is better than riding on by. Remember life is about the journey, the ride, not getting there. You already are there. And don't just help bikers, show the world that we are better than our image portrays us. Courtesy costs you nothing and gives you everything. Stick to your guns, Do what you say you'll do, be there when yo say you will. This is called integrity. This also goes back to standing for something. Like the song says, "You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything." Life is not a drill, Yeah, this ain't no dress rehearsal. This is life-go out and take big bites of it. You've got no time to lose and bikers don't stand around waiting for the party to come to them. You only go around once. Tomorrow you could be road kill, thanks to a chain smoker asleep at the wheel of his Caddy. Live life now, make the most of each moment. This is not a drill. All right, now let's review. You are a biker, a modern-day knight of the road. Protect the weak, walk tall and stand proud. Your word is your bond. Stick to your guns. Don't take any [darn]. Life is not a drill. Now go forth and ride When in doubt, ride. That's what we do...ride. If you want to ride around in a Day-Glo Hawaiian shirt and sandals, go for it, but if you intend to look like a goof, at least don't act like a goof. These commandments are just a few of the broad strokes, there is a lot more to being a biker than buying a bike. If you just buy a bike, you are a motorcyclist. Being a biker is a way of like, proud way Now ride, dammit.

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Well I see the art of the paragraph was MIA on this post. Too bad, looked like a good read........................

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Was copied and pasted from a TBTP email.

4. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yep Paul,Your Right! Been Riding for 20 years now. Boy things have sure changed a hell of a lot. Most of these yuppie faggots that think they are bikers would not make the hair on a real bikers balls.Go to bike week now and all you see is Fake tatoos and more bike trailers than anything. Being a biker is more than just owning a Harley. It is what's in your heart and soul.These Fake ass wannabes are the same ones who when ten years ago you would be broke down on the side of the road would ride by on their Goldwings and laugh at you. I ride because I love the feeling of being free! These yuppies ride because they think it gives them a tough Image.Like the old saying 15,000 Grand and 50 miles don't make you a biker

5. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

if you ride a harley with rubber motor mounts, are you really a biker?

6. mudjunkie 82

Thats Cool if you run rubber mounts. I have a few freinds that do a lot of long distance riding and they swear by them. That personal preference though.I prefer a rigid frame chopper myself! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. chebywanna

chebywanna 1/2 ton status

im a rice bike kinda guy (cruch rocket, pocket rocket call it what you will), now i know that doesn't make me a biker in any way but ill be danged if i don't go by a very simular code. its not what you ride, its how you go about it.

8. mudjunkie 82

Yep,you are 100% right.I have a couple of freinds that ride foreign bikes. Thats all they can afford.but they ride rain,snow,cold,hot.And they have Heart. Thats all that Matters....

9. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

So mudjunkie, lets see some pics of your bikes..

John

10. mudjunkie 82

John,I tried to post a photo but I could not get it to work.I have photos in my gallery in members rides.Do you ride?

11. chevyracing

Yes I do. I have an 86 FXRS Lowrider with a 102 inch stroker kit, a 1990 FLHTCU with a 113 inch S&S engine and 6 speed over drive and my wife has a 96 XLH Custom 1200 set up like a miniature Fatboy. I also just got a 1948 Panhad rigid yesterday. (Sunday). My FLHTCU I have only had for about a month. I thought is was only a 96 inch engine when I got it but found out Saturday that it is in fact a 113 S&S. I was wondering why it only gets about 30 MPG. Do you frequent any biker boards? Here are some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Paul, post a couple of the pics of Terri and I from Sturgis this year... and how are you bro? I like the little story you posted.

John

12. chevyracing

here ya go mudjunkie, this is the one you had on yours members rides. If this works...

[​IMG]

13. mudjunkie 82

Thanks,how did you get it to work? P.S Nice Bikes /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. chevyracing

Just went to the photo, hit properties, copied the url then pasted it between these things like this;

[ image]put url here[/image] just don't put any spaces in between the [ and the image

John

15. chevyracing

[ QUOTE ]
    Thanks,how did you get it to work? P.S Nice Bikes /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

and no problem by the way, nice scoot as well.....

John