Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what exaust would you do/recomend for a caddy 500??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by y5mgisi, Apr 30, 2005.

1. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Just about to that point now that i got to start figuring that one out. My current plan is to run the factorie style "Y" pipe and then do singel 3" after that with just a glasspack, but have it run all the way out the back. Does this sound like a good idea? the truck allready is set up for duals (has dual 2 1/4" till the muflers which are both blown up and missing tailpipes) but then id basicly have to buy twice the exaust parts to keep it dual. So what would you do?

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Are you going to be reving the motor to the moon? If not I would just use a highflowing 3" single system. If you are after some high end horsepower with a motor that size you will want something a little larger then 3" I would bet. Probably 3.5" or 4" exhaust or 2.5" duals.

I have dual 2.25" exhaust on my K5 and it was cool for awhile, but now I wish I had a single 3" system. The duals take up to much space and cost to much when cats and stuff go out.

Harley

3. originalspanksta

originalspanksta 1/2 ton status

Actually the single 3" flows better than dual 2.5's. more cross section area for the exhaust to flow thru.( i think. Im drunk right now and i cant really remember crrorectly)

4. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

dual 3" w/ turbo mufflers :waytogo:

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

stock 78-85 c-10 diesel 350 pipes and manifolds, and they are dual from factory and one of the two manifolds has a blockoff that can be removed for use with a y pipe, i have a pair i can get you casting codes if need be, they are common,

good luck

6. smalltruckbigcid

smalltruckbigcid 1/2 ton status

I think you're refering to the olds diesel 350, those won't fit the heads. Personally I would go with the single 3 inch, especially if you keep the rpm under 4000 for the most part.
    George