Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what exles have 4.11?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by obijuan, Jul 23, 2006.

1. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

what Gm axles that i can put on my 85 k5 have 4.11 or similar ratios? K20 or 30, burbs? im thinking of just getting a set from pick n pull all ready to go but need to know what to look for. id rather not regear. its about 100 dollars per axle at pick n pull. thanks alot!

2. spoolnaround

spoolnaround 1/2 ton status

k20 yes. not sure if any of the k10's had 410's or not. Yes that includes subs. A K30 will need to have the spring purches moved.

3. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

are they still 6 lug or can i just swap the brake assembly to keep my rims? are the driveshafst still going to be the same lenght?

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

options..

GM did have 4.11's available in 1/2 tons,I had a 75 K5 with one in it--it was 2wd too!...but if you are planning to off-road it,3/4 or 1 ton 14 bolt SF or FF is the way to go..a 10 or 12 bolt 1/2 ton rear isn't really up to the task of hauling big heavy tires and rims off road..for the same money you could get the 3/4 or 1 ton rear most likely..

They had 6 lug 14 bolt SF axles in some 88 and up "new style" GM trucks,but if I remember correctly,they had different spring pad locations,you'd have to cut them off and re-weld them in the right place for it to fit a 73-87 truck--might be wider too..All the other 14 bolts had 8 lug rims..not sure about the driveshaft,that varies from truck to truck...:crazy: