Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What fuel pump inline for a fuel cell

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Scott39, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Scott39

Scott39 1/2 ton status

I have a stock 91 350 TBI motor, the blazer has a fuel cell, inline fuel pump. if I mash down the pedal,it cuts out a bit, but if I roll on the throttle it does fine to get my speed up. I haven`t checked the fuel delivery yet, but one guy looked at my pump and couldn`t beleave it was running my motor.

What suggestions do people have on frame mounted pumps?
    I don`t want a real high end pump, just something that will do the job and I can get at most auto stores.

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 11, 2005
  2. Scott39

Scott39 1/2 ton status

tttttttt

3. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

I have a walboro one mine. Spendy but works well.

4. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I use Turbo City's TBI inline pump. Works well for me. Your problem sounds more like you're sucking air under accelaration. Does it do it with a full tank? Is the tank baffled?

5. Scott39

Scott39 1/2 ton status

Yeah the fuel cell has like big sponges in them, it does it full or empty.
    After it I ran it for about 20-30 minutes it did alittle better, but I still can`t mash down the pedal and take off without it cutting out.
    I will check the part number on the fuel pump, it looks like it has one on the side. And check all the fuel lines for leaks.
    The fuel cell doesn`t hook up to the evap canister right now, the guy had the evap canister fitting open that is suppose to run back to the tank.

6. bluejeep

bluejeep 1/2 ton status

Master E2000 works well. Application is an '89 F150 with a 302. Puts out more PSI than you need, but your regulator will take you back down around 15 where you need it. It's around $70

Walbro is a very high quality pump, but costs a bit more.

7. oldassjeep

oldassjeep Registered Member

With a Tuned port motor I put in a '69 chevy awhile back I used a fuel pump from a mazda rx7. Frame mounted pump from a bone yard rated at 100 or so psi. It would need a good regulator to bring it down to a good 15-18 psi working pressure for you throttle body but at $20.00 from a local foriegn car bone yard maybe a viable option.