Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what gears are in a 3/4 ton axle

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big_bad_blazer, Mar 31, 2003.

1. big_bad_blazer

big_bad_blazer Registered Member

i have one quick question, what gears usuly come in the 3/4 ton chevy danna 60 stock

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

410, but if your lucky, they are 456, if your unlucky they are 373

3. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

All depend's on how the truck was ordered. Most truck's of the 70's were ordered with 3:73 for gas mileage. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I'll assume you mean the 14 bolt rear-end. They didn't have dana 60 rears. And, the 3/4 ton's didn't use dana 60's up front either, only the one-tons.
    Anyway, to answer your question, it depends on what tranny/options the vehicle had that it came out of. Rough estimate, I'd say 60% have 4.10's and 40% have 3.73's. There is no good way to know unless you pop the cover - not a bad thing to do anyway especially if you're buying from a junkyard.

5. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'll assume you mean the 14 bolt rear-end. They didn't have dana 60 rears. And, the 3/4 ton's didn't use dana 60's up front either, only the one-tons.
    Anyway, to answer your question, it depends on what tranny/options the vehicle had that it came out of. Rough estimate, I'd say 60% have 4.10's and 40% have 3.73's. There is no good way to know unless you pop the cover - not a bad thing to do anyway especially if you're buying from a junkyard.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I was thinken the same thing about the D60

6. big_bad_blazer

big_bad_blazer Registered Member

Well I looked on the back of the axle, on the right side of the cover and it had the serial # and it said 60 right below that. I got it for free so it might not be a 3/4-ton /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif. I though it was . it looked like one. How can I tell? If it is a ton that is better /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

before they put started putting 14bolts in they had d60's in teh rear. from what i've gathered they are usually 4.10's.

8. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

it can be anything....ive seen one with 3.23's pop the covers and look. if your lookin to buy one its stupid to buy without takin a look at the gears. If its on your truck, its a good time to change the gear oil