Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What goes there?

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by Corey 78K5, May 16, 2005.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

On My 96's dash between the gauge cluster and the HVAC/radio is three spots for stuff. The middle one has the switch for the cargo lamp and I know that lower one is for the cut off switch on passenger airbag models, but I cant figure what the top one is for. Any ideals? Or is it just there for people to use for offroad lights and what not? I do know that the lower ones are for the push button 4x4 models.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

anything you want or some accessory it doesn't have. My 97 only has the cargo lamp switch, other two are just switch blank spots.

3. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

i forget what the 96 dash looks like, we sold ours, but one button was rear hatch release for the burb/tahoe, and i think one might have been rear defrost ....or wait that was on teh HVAC in 96. Rear hatch and something else....oh rear window washer/wiper

4. BigBen

BigBen 1/2 ton status Premium Member

In my '95 yukon the top bay is the hatch release and the second down is the rear wiper control. j (IIRC) I might have them swapped in my head.

The others were all empty but now house switches I have added for KC lights, etc.....

-Ben

5. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

I put a blinking red light in mine for the alarm :grin:

6. j20m715

j20m715 1/2 ton status

on some models a fog light switch is there.