Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What Happened to everybody?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mudzer, Apr 15, 2003.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

We picked a date, selected a park to wheel, called all of our sponsors and received prizes in time for the run. We wait..... and Wait...

Only 9 K5's show!?!? WTF /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

The cool thing is - for those who think we are too HARDCORE, get this. We had 2 stock Blazers go up a (edit)4+ trail without lockers or lift kits. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Writeup to follow real soon. Now, I'd like to challenge any of you K5ers out there in the Midwest who actually wheel - You have One Year till our next run! Get those rigs ready. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Thanks to all who made this run possible. It was a great time had by all who attended. We carried our ColoradoK5 torch again and had Jeepers drueling over our Full Size rigs. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

Lets hear from those who signed up and didn't show up! Give us the story! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I'll be there with a rig next time. If I let dan pull his own junk, maybe I won't have to listen to toni braxton anymore!!! AHHHH THE PAIN, MY POOR EARS!!!

btw, my video submission will be in the mail shortly. feel free to edit if you want.

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Well, I never signed up, so you can't call me a "no-show." But for next year, can we maybe make it in the "Midwest?" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif (Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois area)...don't know if I can make the drive to Missouri (that's why I didn't go this year).

4. Mudzer

Show us a place to wheel there - better yet - Host an Event and we will be there! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

To give more credit to the stockers, it was actually a new 4+ trail. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

BIGJ

6. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I know how you feel. I spent months planning Rebel Run '02 to have 8 K5s, 1 Yota and 1 Dodge show, out of over 50 that signed in to go from here and 2 other sites. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

If '03 is as big of a bust, I wont even bother again. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Altho I may have Petersens along this time so Im sure there will be plenty show up hoping to get some print. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

7. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

I Would have been there /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif... but I had to stay here and wait on someone to show... He still has not shown /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif... But he was thinking about "Heading out" Saturday night /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif!! but Emerson is still not here! I think the Wife wants him to show REAL SOON /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif!!! I will try to be there for the next one! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Is that a sufficient reason? (If not keep your replies to your self /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif)

8. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

A hella 4+ trail at that! I love that trail. Here is a pic of Jeremy's rig on that trail just to prove it...

[​IMG]

And here is a picture of Jeff's truck on the same trail, in a different section of it:

[​IMG]

Last but not least, the MOO MACHINE on this trail:

[​IMG]

Enough pics for now... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I think that once my rig is all back in one piece and WORKING CORRECTLY /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I will be towing back out there so I can get my piece of that park. Damn my truck for giving me fuel injection problems! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I will be back to see the 4's and 5's that the Hot Springs ORV park has to offer. I sure liked the stuff we DID see while we were there!

-Dan

9. Mudzer

[ QUOTE ]
    I Would have been there /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif... but I had to stay here and wait on someone to show... He still has not shown /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif... But he was thinking about "Heading out" Saturday night /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif!! but Emerson is still not here! I think the Wife wants him to show REAL SOON /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif!!! I will try to be there for the next one! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Is that a sufficient reason? (If not keep your replies to your self /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

Pregnancy is no excuse - you could have brought her on the trail and you wouldn't be waiting anymore! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

I think that would have gone over like a "Fart in the Car" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Pump up the Volume

Plus, i think there would have been one on the trail to tell us how to deliver other a baby other then Sara, and i think she would be thinking about the PAIN /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

If I ever get a trailer I will be there. 13 hours is a long ride on Swampers and would be quite a tow bill if you break. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

It sounds as if you guys did a great job organizing the event and I would have loved to have been there just for a chance at some of the prizes (with only 9 rigs your chances are pretty good!).

12. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Show us a place to wheel there - better yet - Host an Event and we will be there

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the Pipeline in the Nicolet Nat'l Forest a little north of Green Bay (plenty of camping around there too) is probably the best. As far as planning and hosting...just give me some time, it may happen, just not anytime soon...but someday. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

O.k. yer ride is done, now come on down to Tellico on the 25, 26, and 27th for a great run!

Cum Awn, its only gas /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Depdog

14. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Neil

Any plans for a run to Disney this summer?

15. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

Don't forget McCaslin Mountain, only like 2 miles from pipeline, plus has its own camp grounds for like $6 a site.

16. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

I dont see the pics /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

17. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Sorry! The pics should be back now! Someone kicked the plug to the server lose in the wall socket! I hate when that happens! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Dan

18. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

19. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

Wow you are right, a minimum of 10 trucks, and $50 a truck sounds a little over the top.

20. Mudzer

There is definately thought of going to Disney this summer. I think we will get together at Joplin, MO around Memorial Weekend. Steve Sharp said he could come up that day. You should make a trip to Joplin. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif