Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what happened to fourwheeler?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dysphemism, Dec 7, 2003.

1. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

Anyone else notice how fourwheeler went from a decent mag a few years back to total junk? It's like 100 pages of garbage now. Primedia sucks big time, I really wish I didn't get a 3 year subscription, now I just flip through it once and pitch it.

2. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

I've been getting it since I was in the 4th grade, but I think I'm gonna let it run out. I'm just not that impressed with it. (At all /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif)

3. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

I do agree, the only thing they got going is TTC. IMHO, the last good articles were back in 98 when they did the 2 different SFA swaps. And they did a pretty decent job too.

4. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Whats your guys problems with the mag? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gifI like it usually.

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Peterson's 4 Wheel and Off Road is REALLY good compared to Fourwheeler now.

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I think you should check out Off Road magazine and then reconsider on keeping your current Four Wheeler subscription.

Off Road sucks major donkey balls. 4 Wheel & Off Road has been my favorite mag since I started getting every issue since 1985. Four Wheeler was a close 2nd and lately in the past 3 or 4 years, Off Road has gone straight to the $hitter. I'm letting my subs. run out which is in this coming Feb. I keep getting the notices and bills for the mag but just can them.

Four Wheeler is still going to keep coming in my mail because I still like it. Its still way better than OR. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

7. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Yep Fourwheeler has blown for the past couple of years. 4WOF is the best mag out there but it's hard to hold a candle to 4x4 Power....

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Every issue of OR I've seen has been poser crap.

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

offroad = 100% bling.

fourwheeler = 60% bling / 40% offroad.

petersens = 25% bling / 75% offroad.

so naturally, offroad sucks, fourwheeler kinda sucks, and petersens is alright. Im still waiting for a 100% "all these rigs wheel and wheel HARD" mag. There is PLENTY of coverage of bling these days, if u want bling chit, you should be happy. now we need that kinda coverage for the hardcore crowd.

j

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

We should make a mag and call it, "Hardcore fullsize."

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

a ck5 mag would rock... hopefully it wouldnt have any rainbow colored dancing dildos in it tho... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

j

12. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Guess what, Fourwheeler, Petersons, and Off-Road are all owned by Primedia now. What pisses me off, since I have subscriptions to all three, is how Fourwheeler and Petersons have the same articles these days. If you see an article in one, you can bet it will make it into the other at some point. Especially product and new vehicle reviews. I have to give the nod to Petersons out of all three of them.

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    a ck5 mag would rock... hopefully it wouldnt have any rainbow colored dancing dildos in it tho... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

j

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure it would. In the back it'd have, "Tim's Workbench" where I talked about how gay show trucks weren't allowed in the magazine and answered questions. We could have a holagram dancing dildo there. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

14. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]

Sure it would. In the back it'd have, "Tim's Workbench" where I talked about how gay show trucks weren't allowed in the magazine and answered questions. We could have a holagram dancing dildo there. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Oh, god NO! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

15. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

[/ QUOTE ]
    and how much you hate my honda

16. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

anyone here read 4wd and sport utility? i like it better than 4WOR, even though it doesnt have as much info. they seem to feature rigs that actually get used. then again i only have a couple of issues, and they are older.

17. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

4wd&su seems to run articles on real trucks. 4WOR and FW do features on quarter-million dollar trucks, but 4WD&SU features the every-day rig. i like that, cause it doesnt make me feel so deprived.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif but i still get petersens - life is nothing without dreams /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif