Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What happened to summer???!!!????!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

It seems like it was just a few days ago it was May 19 and I had my right hand in the air swearing my life away... Spent the summer four wheeling, hanging out, working, running, and spending time with friends, even if I haven't seen them in a long time... It's not like I'm going away forever or anything, but I guess basic training is a big deal /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

So now I'm within two weeks of going (Sept. 14 is the date), a week and a half left at my job, and it seems like it should be longer... I'm ready to go and all, but the summer just seems to have flown by /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

Anyway... Counting down the days now... According to my calculations (which are approximate, assuming I leave Cheyenne at noon on the 14th, so give or take on the hours) I have 13 days, 10 hours, and 6 minutes remaining /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

And then your life will change like you have never seen before.... You will get off the bus, wash your nasty ass, go to sleep in your new cot, get up at 4:15am, and then you will MARCH to chow, and then MARCH to the "Green Monster" where you will get nice new clothes.... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Enjoy your new life! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. bottomfeeder

bottomfeeder 1/2 ton status

It's still summer here in the Valley Of the Sun. Probably be summer for a while still. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

hell, i've been in school for 2 weeks now. but it IS college, and thats a bit different. besides, i have to go to class at 11 (its 11:48) /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

It hasn't been much of a summer this summer... I think about 90% of the time it was under 65 degrees, and probably 80 percent of that time it was raining... Makes for sime nice mud up in Vedauwoo where I do my four wheeling mostly, but also made it a waste to wash my truck, and it was hard to plan anything outside without getting rained on /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    It hasn't been much of a summer this summer... I think about 90% of the time it was under 65 degrees, and probably 80 percent of that time it was raining... Makes for sime nice mud up in Vedauwoo where I do my four wheeling mostly, but also made it a waste to wash my truck, and it was hard to plan anything outside without getting rained on /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

[/ QUOTE ] It was a cool summer here too. I only had too mow the yard once, and run the trimmer three times. Was nice not having the 100+ degree days for over a month. I think we only broke 100 a couple of days. Was also nice not having a sh_tload of forest fires. Leaves on the trees are already changing color and dropping here. Makes me wonder if it's going too be a hard winter.