Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What happened?

Discussion in 'Feedback | Site Announcements' started by 84_Chevy_K10, Mar 16, 2004.

1. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

What just happened earlier that put CK5 down for this many hours? What did I miss?

2. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

I was wondering the exact same thing! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Kris

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Good thing I wasn't home most of the day, or I'd of felt lost /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

since like 1:30PM as far as i can tell

heh
    crazy

blazer90 error i saw

5. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Yeah the MYSQL database or the connection was down, it was down for a while, when I find out I will let you know. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

what is MYSQL anyways ? very curious to know, have seen it mentioned around the net alot

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

These problems are getting borderline ridicoulous lately...I'd like to choke the guy who invented this bb system with as many failures as we've had lately.

8. CK5

[ QUOTE ]
    what is MYSQL anyways ? very curious to know, have seen it mentioned around the net alot

[/ QUOTE ]

If you need something to put you to sleep at night: http://www.mysql.com/products/index.html

9. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i actually had to do some work today thanks to ck5 being down /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

10. CK5

[ QUOTE ]
    These problems are getting borderline ridicoulous lately...I'd like to choke the guy who invented this bb system with as many failures as we've had lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

This one was wasn't the software this time, was a DB issue. I am going to setup a test site and test other BB software starting next month I think along with some other things.

11. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

Coincidence??

I wonder /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif if it's coincidence that both drug addicts AND network/internet clients are called 'users'?????
    Dang it hurts when i can't get to my stash! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you need something to put you to sleep at night: http://www.mysql.com/products/index.html

[/ QUOTE ]

lol actually im more interested in this than that, thanks for the URL /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif and why didnt i just type in mysql.com ?
    dang

13. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

These crash was a bit ridiculous. I had no where to go but to Pirate, pavement sucks and also Nor Cal Offroad(best of the 3 i might add).....

Doesn't the host help in these situations? I know mine does. If fact, I drill them for stuff like this, and it does not happen as often as here. This is not a flame or anything like this, hell it sucked being offline, but crashes like this are usually caused by tragic virus problems....or host server issues.

Anyways, glad all is well /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif, i missed the lounge. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

14. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

Re: Coincidence??

[ QUOTE ]
    I wonder /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif if it's coincidence that both drug addicts AND network/internet clients are called 'users'?????
    Dang it hurts when i can't get to my stash! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol!

15. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Yeah, I was forced to hang out with the asswipes over at Pirate... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

16. CK5

[ QUOTE ]
    Doesn't the host help in these situations?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Of course, there the ones that got it back on line. They did reply back to my email with a "it's back on line and running smoothly" and of course my reply was "Great, and what happened" waiting for reply. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, I was forced to hang out with the asswipes over at Pirate... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I stooped as well. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Yeah, and apparently all of you going over there swamped PBB since it was up and down most of the day. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Not that I would know of course... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

19. CK5

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah the MYSQL database or the connection was down, it was down for a while, when I find out I will let you know. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The offical word "network outage"

20. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, and apparently all of you going over there swamped PBB since it was up and down most of the day. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Not that I would know of course... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I am there all the time anyway...