Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What happens to my tcase if I do this?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by laketex, Oct 31, 2001.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I just put the seat mount in for my cage and somehow in the welding or designing or something it warped a little. Now I have a bar that's resting hard on the transmission tunnel which was pounded downward a little bit. Now assuming the truck flexes some, that bar could come down into the transfer case. No, I dont want a body lift or a tcase drop. Do I need to refab my seat bracket or will it work as described?

FYI: I HATE rebuilding stuff. It's soooo close too. What to do, what to do?

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>The blazer's almost on the road....anyone got tree fiddy?</font color=red>

2. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

you know what happens when you ASS U ME lake...:)

seriously, if its not hitting it now then you should be ok. would take a lot of flex between the body and frame to do any harm.

nice to hear of your progress. good luck!

MTPockets

before & after: http://community.webshots.com/user/mtpockets35

3. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

It'll be fine....trust me.....[​IMG]

Michael[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm>www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm</a>

4. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

Uh, my brother broke his adapter recently due to floor-pan interference.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd

5. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Lt how close to the tcase is the tunnel? it'll take a tremondous amout of flex at the point to push the tcase up or the floor down.....heat the pipe up and bend it back where it dosen't hit.

Still a very pissed-off
    White Knight

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Thanks friends. I was trying to get the tube as close to the floor as possible so I can make up for height in the brackets. Might just bend it a tad in the middle so it doesn't hit with torch and prayer. [​IMG] Pete, I remember you saying he broke his adapter and was wondering how...now I know. I'll try to clearance it a bit more.

MTPockets - I'll probably be emailing you soon on some more in depth fuel cell tutorial. Your blazer is kicking ass!

Micheal- Was gonna work on the beast all this weekend, but going backpacking instead. Next weekend though, and most evenings for the next month or two. Gimme a call or stop by or whatever.

And WK, dang that was a long email...Another headed your way shortly.

Bryan

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>The blazer's almost on the road....anyone got tree fiddy?</font color=red>

7. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Okie dokie...have fun! and it's M...I....C...H...A...E...L you north Texas hillbilly! [​IMG]

Michael[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm>www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm</a>

8. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

oops. and it was an invitation as well. Swing by if you want. Free shiner bock! I could use a good fabricator like you around!

Sherman, Tx

9. michaelm

michaelm 1/2 ton status

uh, i am calling BS on that story

10. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Free Shiner man that might be worth a trip home, yummy, hey an idea for ya bryan, can't see how it is but you may consider just cutting the floor there and fabing a panel to go in there that is clearanced more. and just screw it in place that way you have easy access to your stuff from the top if you have to work on it, I took my tranny tunnel off to pull that tranny and it made a lot of difference. BTW it should be back running beginning of next week. I would drive it home when I come next time but.....that could cause some conflict

Like em big and topless
    Excuse me...Would you mind removing your import from under my chevy?

11. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Hey Les...good the see ya on here! How's that "James" comin' anyway? Ever do any cage work? If not bring it down sometime....Bryan is gettin' good at bendin' tube!

Michael[​IMG]