Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What happens when a Jeep owner gets ahold of an ax?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CyberSniper, Dec 7, 2003.

1. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

We had our poker run yesterday. It was supposed to be an easy event so I brought a fraction of the junk I usually do and never inventoried my tools.

I was going to use my come-along (power puller) to hold my truck uphill while I drove past the tree a few feet. I was tired of chopping trees down after the last one but Mark thought he'd continue to chop the tree down with my ax that had been dulled by another club member with a rock a month earlier.

I just got done ratcheting down the come-along and was headed to get into the truck when I heard a familiar hiss. I think the only person more pissed than me was Mark. We all had our jollies and then went about changing the tire. I dragged my butt through the whole operation and it took a good hour and a half to two hours to get through the ordeal.

The tree is chopped down and the come-along is holding steady:
    [​IMG]

The tree isn't the only thing to fall victim of the ax:
    [​IMG]

The "speedhole" in the tire is located between the "E"s in "STEEL":
    [​IMG]

My new Hi-lift holding up my truck and Chief's piece of 2x keeping the jack from sinking to China:
    [​IMG]

Luckily, GMCLegacy was far more prepared than I and let me use some of his tools. We ended up deflating my spare tire so I could get it on because of the stump I was hung up on. I got to test out my on board air only to find out that my air tank had leaked down over night. GMCLegacy then drug me over the stump.

I drove to the next card location and picked up a card then headed to the South Range house (Lock-Rights REALLY don't like it when you run two differently sized tires). I ended up borrowing another club member's tire to finish the event. While stopped there burbBoy and a couple other club members tried out my ax on another tire. It seems that you have to try pretty hard to slice a tire and hit it at the right angle.

Moral of the story: don't let Jeep owners operate an ax unsupervised. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Oh, and I need a longer chain to use with my come-along. Yes, the Heep owner does feel bad about it and is looking for a set of tires for me.

2. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Dude speed holes rule! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Looks like it was fun anyway.

3. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

at least the jeep owner feels bad and is actually looking for a replacement.

4. chebywanna

chebywanna 1/2 ton status

looks like he was just slightly off on that fatal swing /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

5. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

crazy s**t bro, get some tubes.they work great in a pinch.my on board air doesn't have a tank, but the switch gets hot as hell. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

6. Sample

Sample 1/2 ton status

Why in the hell are you guys chopping trees down?