Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What happens when I get bored.....

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by rebelk5frk, Apr 13, 2003.

1. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

Well I've been "officially" unemployed for a couple of days now but have been out of the Army for a little over 2 months. I've done all the work on my Blazer I can do for now and hunting for jobs only takes up so much time out of the day... So I started looking for a new project to play with.

It's called the Anti-Tracker by the guy who designed it.
    I ordered all the parts I need and started designing a PC board for it since all the disigner had for it was a simple schematic and some code for the IC chips.

[​IMG]
    This is what I have so far. I'm still waiting on a part before I can assemble it and enjoy my "labor". For a little insight on what the heck this thing is look at my radio page .

Ah... what boredom will do to a person. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

2. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Cool! You must be really into radio's to design and build an item such as this.

No wonder You know so much about C.B.'s and the like. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

Yeah I'm kind of into radios and such

An update to this little project.... I got all of the parts and made yet another design for the board before I made it so I could fit it in the smaller box I had laying around.

I built the board (lots of tiny holes to drill /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif ) and eched out the lines and put it together. I still haven't gotten it to work quite right though. I think I messed up a solder joint or a trace because it isn't quite right.

I still need to look it over and see what I messed up.

I put all the pieces on a prototype board and the circuit works as it should so I know it's something wrong with my soldering or the board itself. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Since I made a nice little web page and shared my designs with the original designer of the Anti-track he was kind enough to send me the schematic and code for the better "PRO" version that works on more GPS's just to experiment with. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif He even linked to my page on his /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

lol.. AHh, I used to do this stuff when I was in HS.. I forgot everything though.

Hey, did you see the calibrated temp probes? Their like 2.50 a piece, I thought it would be an interesting way to grab surface temp off the tranny cooler line.