Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what happens when you get a little cocky about lockers....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by supersize75k5, May 7, 2004.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

[​IMG]

Tried to cross the ditch in reverse, truck started getting some big air, then slide strait in... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

I was doin decent, turns out a 454 weighs alot, and my rear weighs nothin, time to mount that spare and put the tools in back /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif

aired down the rear tires and gave them a run for their money.. the road won...

waite...

incomming thought..

yes it's getting clearer...

one second..

oh here we go,

get ready..

PUT THE FRONT SHAFT IN AND USE THE 4 WHEEL DRIVE NEXT TIME!

the d-60 and front locker shure is great with the invisable shaft /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

2. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

/forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

You aren't running a front shaft? /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Your worse than my type of 4x4 guys! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

Poser /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

5. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

did kinda the same thing--well over expected my truck

i went from a locked rear and posi'd front to nothing in the front (no gears) and open rear. i swear i don't know how anybody does this on a daily basis. I couldn't get to my favorite drinking spot------MY CAR MAKES IT OUT THERE FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD----- /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

7. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Should have called Marv out to help pull you out with the Miata. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

8. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Yeah, the ultimate shame is pulling your Blazer out with a 2WD car ... I categorically deny ever having had to yank the '74 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif out with my Isuzu... &*%$&*@%^$@ing GM starters... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

-- A

9. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, the ultimate shame is pulling your Blazer out with a 2WD car ... I categorically deny ever having had to yank the '74 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif out with my Isuzu... &*%$&*@%^$@ing GM starters... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

-- A

[/ QUOTE ]
    I dont usually care what pulls me out as long as it gets me out. Last time I got stuck in my blazer with 6"s and 37's, the guy who came to pull me out pulled up in a stock blazer that barely ran and hadnt been started in 6 months, and was about 20 different colors, all of which could be considered rust. Nevertheless, he hooked a 10 foot chain to my frame, backed bumper to bumper with me, put it in 4lo and gunned it. The first yank didnt quite get me, but after about 2 or 3, my truck drove out. I just saw my blazer in slow mo saying oh s@!t when that guy backed up and yanked the h@!! out of it. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif
    -Harrison
    -Harrison

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Back in the day I got pulled out by a fourwheeler. Took a lot of yanks but it did the job.

11. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I got pulled off of a rock by a four wheeler once. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif