Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What happens when you hit a tree @ 40MPH???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by KRAZIE87K5, May 21, 2003.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Thank gawd it was just the little 4WD, and not the K5!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif This damn R/C crap is going to eat me from house and home! Took it out today just after replacing the rear differential internals (R&P and spiders):

[​IMG]

Did I mention that the damn parts are tiny as hell??? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif The tiny ring gear shaved the tops off a few teeth right after I cart wheeled the damn thing across the neighbors front yard after just topping out 2nd gear... (about 40-45MPH) Look on the left side of the gear:

[​IMG]

FINALLY, as I was saying... I took it out tonight to show a buddy, seeing as I've only had the thing for about 6 days now, and I still feel the need to show off... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif and WHACK, I nail the same damn neighbors tree moving ppretty quick... after it ran out of gas, I noticed some carnage on the chassis. Here is what it takes to fix the dang thing:

[​IMG]

NOTE - Mike's hard lemonade and Corn Flakes ARE required too! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Ah well... at least it keeps me happy while the K5 sits there without a motor! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

[​IMG]

Ah well... thanks for looking at my stupid post! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

-Dan

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    NOTE - Mike's hard lemonade and Corn Flakes ARE required

[/ QUOTE ]

Well of course they are for any type of repairs /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Cool R/C car

-Brian

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

hahaha welcome to the world of R/C cars! now u see why i gave it up! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

lol! Im not a rc fan at all, but that pic of the rc truck in ur rigs wheel well is butthole tight!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

5. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Damn man, my sides are hurting....

If you knew dan like I do you'd understand why.

You see, he sold this idea to his wife as a relatively inexpensive hobby for him and the kids while the wheeler is down. Yet, in the reality of things, the kids don't have the H/E coordnation yet and run into things all the while dan is turning red and then blue and then purple holding his breath and praying for the best. Then it becomes "Daddy's Truck" and an expensive one at that.... And Mr. Dan makes fun of me for wanting a motorcycle...dude, i think this might be a more expensive hobby all together!!!

......and I'm just bustin Dan's chops...I'm sure paybacks will be hell. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i snapped my t maxx in 2 only held by the wires thank god it is only a rc car /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

7. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

man, ouch cool carnage.

I thought my savage would be a better toy than a new motorcycle and cheaper than wheeling my blazer hard. Both not true. This little thing is burning money ( almost $30 a GALLON ) and all the broken new hopup parts, a motorcycle might have been a better deal after all. Ive got so much money into this little rc I think I should insure it. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. stuper

stuper Registered Member

9. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Only difference is that even AFTER hitting the tree with mine, I could still get more than $300 for it! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Sorry man, had to go there!

-Dan

10. stuper

stuper Registered Member

yeah well at the time i got a price of $2500 to fix it. i didn't have a place to store it so i junked it to a fiances uncle for $300. i also got $175 for the stereo headunit. so all in all its not bad. pisses me off that he fixed it for $1400. thats including the price. i wish i knew half the ppl he does to get crap cheap or free. btw did i mention i am/was broke and $300 sounded good at the time.

theo/stuper