Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What happens when your K5 reaches the wrecker...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Apr 13, 2002.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I was just BSing with my local wrecker, after he destroyed a gorgeous slider top on an '85 K5 that I wanted, and found out when he forked and lifted the truck (he pokes the fork through the windshield and lifts the trucks that way), the frame/drivetrain stayed on the ground!! He said there were a couple little places that were still hanging on, so he walked around with his torch, cut, and just carried the body over to his crusher once fully free... Then stripped and cut up the frame seperately... Damn good interior I wanted on tht truck, too..

So fix your body mount rust!!! I was laughing pretty hard until I looked at mine!!

2. Burbinator

Burbinator 1/2 ton status

Just another reason I am so glad I live in Phoenix!

...then again, we have our own demons to deal with out here, too.

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

So fix your body mount rust!!! I was laughing pretty hard until I looked at mine!!

<hr></blockquote>
    I just changed my bushings,an added a body lift on my 84K5. They were toast!

4. bklynlifted

bklynlifted 1/2 ton status

i'm going to be changing my body mounts soon also i think that is the source of an ongoing problem when i hit a bump in the road under my feet i get this flapping banging sound? i changed just about everything i can.stay tuned PS i only get this when my left front tire hits a road hazzard or turning left very slow ???? right under my feet it sucks big time.

5. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

K5s never die,,,, They just get ignored....

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Ok Ratch how did you compose yourself? I would of had to do my best Bruce Lee inpersanation on that guy for doing that to a Blazer.

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

lol, I was too shocked and saddened that a K5 went out so shamefully... And pissed he stuck a fork through the top I wanted! Overall, that poor truck got a decent burial for the rest of her condition... (except the damn TPI someone stuck under the hood that was way beyond what I had in my wallet; that was sold before I even noticed the truck in the yard /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif...).

Although giving it more thought, if he lifted it by the roof, and it took the body off, thems was some dang strong pillars!!

Hey brooklyn, you around NYC this saturday?