Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What harness for DD??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85mudblazin, Oct 27, 2004.

1. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I want a harness that I can use for road/ off road use, but I dont want to use just a lap belt for the road because if I get in a wreck it wont stop my upper body from going forward, I was kindove looking at the corbeau 2" harness that they have since it has a easier buckle to use. what are yall opinions??
    Thanks
    -Chris

2. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

If you are smaller than 6'2" go with the 2" for sure. Even my 6+ buddies feel secure in 2" straps. I have standard latches on mine. I never use the shoulder straps. They have to be tight to be safe (harnesses have no give, nor do they react). If they are loose at all it can cause serious injury due to the shock load/point impact on the body. If you use a full harness on the street simple things like changing the radio, hitting the lights, tuning the CB, and most important -> checking blind spots, all become a big chore. You know how a normal belt feels when it is sinched down, that is how a harness is supposed to be all of the time. I love having them though. I just can't commint myself to the uppers. I do wear them when I am on the freeway for longer periods, and when I am all out on dirt roads, but in the city it doesn't work for me. Part of it is assembling the friggin' mess. It isn't easy to palm 4 2" belts w/3 hooks and one latch. Some places will let you try them out on demo seats, or heck find an offroad fab shop that has a buggy outside and ask if they would mind you checking out the seat/belts.

just my .02, I am also only 5'6" 145# so that may be part of it too.

3. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

opinions??