Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What has the world come down to?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Dec 19, 2006.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Today in school the class was writing an essay for English.
    I was one of the last to finish, so I handed in the essay to his desk. Then a desk at the front of the class room had the essay topic and questions that the rest of the students had already put back because they had finished.

The desk is just a students desk, with two paper piles, one for each paper we had to return. It seriously looked like someone threw a stack of papers on the desk the way they were arranged, upside down, crooked, out of order...

When I put mine in place I rearranged the stack so they were neat and tidy for when the teacher picks them up for the next class...

While doing so I got weird looks and a few people asked, "Are you a neat freak or something? (Or something along those lines)

I was kind of startled by the remark. What is wrong with helping other people, what is wrong with being neat?

I ignored them, finished, and sat back in my desk.

I am still puzzled about how this turned out. What is with people these days?????

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

They're the same people that can't be bothered to take the shopping carts they just emptied to the little cart corrals.

I honestly really hate a goodly portion of humanity alot of the time.

3. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

So people just dont give a $hit... seems like you are in class with a few:rolleyes:

4. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

maybe someone learned something by your action. If only everyone would do the same, it would be such a nice place to live......:rolleyes: :D :crazy:

5. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Keep up the good work, little things like that get noticed espeically once your in the work force.
    Back when I worked at the golf course at the end of the day we'd blow all the grass and such off the radiators in our mowers. I always did mine last cuz I had to pull the hood up on mine to get to it. Well when I got done and put my mower away Id always sweep the shop floor up. Not a big shop like 20 x 20 maybe. But when I quit after the summer and went to college, my boss asked me to come back the next summer.

I was the only part timer hired back the next summer. He told me one day it was based on how I kept the shop clean and washed my mower every week.

So ya rambling off...people notice anttenion to detail when it comes to tidyness

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

Steve,stick to your guns brother.your a good man and anyone that calls you on it is an ass.they suck.its funny how in todays society that being a rebel is doing the RIGHT thing.can i call you Jonny??:haha:

7. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Keep to it bro, the world is full of small people blathering about big ideas, but what we really need is big people doing all the small things

8. boggerless

some how i think you realy mean that.:D

9. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

10. boggerless

:D :D

11. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Steve.. situations like that merit the following response.. grab yer johnson and say, " yo, I got your neat freak right here"...

or something like that.

12. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

13. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Steve, You're so damn cool man. :bow:

I love it when you post shiit like this. Kinda gives me hope that the whole world hasn't turned into a bunch of de-sensitized idiots. There might be a few nice guys left. :D

14. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

I just caused a scene today in the Target parking lot when a lady did that. I was with my sister, lots of people around. She left it right in the middle of a parking place, that was right next to the cart rack thingy. I watched her walk halfway down the row, get to within 10 feet of where its supposed to go, and leave it there. Well wtf is that? Thats exactly what I said to her. She flipped me off and told me to go **** myself. :eek1: :haha:

15. BoondocK5

BoondocK5 1 ton status Author

Aw kid I see your making friends again:haha: :haha: Are you sure this chick isn't from West Valley City UT? sure sounds alot like people here.:rolleyes:

16. blazeonchevy

blazeonchevy 1/2 ton status

i thank you good sir.:bow: .
    i work at target and i either work as a cashier or a cart attendent. people just do not realize what their actions will cause. one day i was walking around the parking lot and i see this woman and her kid. the woman says "ok do it now!" and the kid pushes the basket as hard as he can down the hill. toward a bunch of cars. so i had to run after it and grab it. the same thing happened to my friend that does the same job as i do. you have no idea how much i appreciate it when im collecting carts and someone comes up to me and asks if i want to take it or if they should. usually they just push them up against someone elses car and take off. or just leave them in the middle of a parking spot.
    what aggrivates me is when people will see someone walking to their car and wait for them to pull out so they can take their spot. even when there is another spot 20 feet away they will sit 3-5 minutes waiting. usually blocking me from pushing a crapload of carts into the building. but back on topic.
    i sometimes do the same thing as you did. whenever i see an opportunity to make someones life easier i try to do it. especially when it takes as little effort as straightening a pile of papers or pushing the cart to where its supposed to go. i think you may not know it now or even when it happens but i think someone that has the same point of view will do something to help you down the road. you might not realize it but it happens everyday. ok im really tired and im rambling so yeah im going to bed. sorry for the mis-spellings.:doah:

17. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I just don't see why it's a big deal that I did it.
    I know what you mean with the shopping carts too, I see people drop the shopping carts off right beside the apparatus for them. What is so hard about walking another 5 feet and putting them where they should be? People, I tell ya!

18. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

so your too polite and a neat freak????

get off it man!!!!!!

:D :D :D:D

right on steve, it means your an A-1 guy who will actualy go places in life, but look around now get a good look at all the kids, in you classes.

you WILL see them again, at the wendys drive thru, just always pay with 50's say its all you got lol

i always get a kick from seeing them at crappy jobs lol