Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What have I done

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fordeater, Jul 22, 2006.

1. fordeater

fordeater 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Besides starting a HUGE project and filling my garage with parts.

I bought the brown ugly POS just for the frame. It is a 69 3/4 4x4 long bed with a 4 speed and a rockwell transfer case. The orange and white one was given to me actually passed down in the family, it is a 72 3/4 ton Longhorn with a 402 big block, and a th400, obviously 2 wheel drive. So, the end project will be a 72 longbed 3/4 ton 4x4 with a 402 big block, and a nv4500 manual tranny. Its a pretty big project for me, but i love it so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RGV72BLAZER

RGV72BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Edinburg*San Bene*Online-The Real South Texas
    keep the pics coming. there's nothing like an updated project thread. good luck with it, you'll have a long ways to go.

3. fordeater

i used to live not too far from you. I grew up in Harlingen. Lived there for about 12 or 13 years.

4. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Sounds like the finished product will be sweet. Gotta love the BBC!

5. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Nice - it has towhooks on it too?!!>?!

6. fordeater

yeah, i didn't notice the towhooks until i got the truck home. I thought about selling them to make a quick buck, but then decided it would look awesome when i'm finished to have those on there. So, i should have the bed off by thursday, and then i'm going to sand the frame down and paint it. I plan on taking the axles and springs off too because i won't be using the springs anyways. I'm going to do the shackle flip in the rear after i paint, and then i'll get my new springs for it. I will take more pics as soon as i get the frame sanded and painted.