Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What have you backed over lately?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1990SilveradoK5, Mar 15, 2001.

1. 1990SilveradoK5

1990SilveradoK5 1/2 ton status

Well backing out of the drive this morning, thinking that the truck is idleing a little rough and then, what the *)$&@) is that noise? Radio is probably to loud, don't recognize the sound, think that I have dropped something from under the truck.
    Pull back in the drive get out scared as to what I might find, and found the trash cans that I should of pulled in last night. LOL

One scary thing I find with the Blazer, could have a small car parked behind me and not see it.
    What have you "not seen" and modified with your rear bumper.

Gone Large and Loving It.
    Keith

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I didn't do this but my lovely wife backed into a Buick with the "UAV" a few years back, 1,200. damage to the Buick and not a scratch to the Blazer.

Steve
    [​IMG]
    Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

3. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

This guy I work with always parks his Harley behind me. That was fine when I was driving an s-10. I told him that unless I see that bike behind my blazer when I walk out to my truck then it will get run over. Well, he keeps parking it out there, and I'm really tempted to wear a harley on my back bumper!

[​IMG] Keep your feet dry [​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com>http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com</A>

4. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

I was workin on my truck in the driveway a couple weekends ago. I was working on something electrical because I have the Muiltmeter out. I set it on the tire and then finished upi what ever I was doing. I began to back out when I heard a loud crunch. I looked around didnt see anything. Went around the block for my test drive only to come back and see my meter in a thousand pieces in the driveway... Damn I had that meter for long time... :) oh well...

BlazerBoy
    http://generalblueballs.coloradok5.com

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I had my Jimmy jacked up in the carport working on god knows what (this was about 2 years ago) Our driveway has a pretty decent slope to it and I guess the truck was in nuetral and the e-brake was off. So anyways I'm half under the front of the truck letting the jack down and as soon as the front wheels hit the ground the big ol' bitch takes off down the driveway.....[​IMG] It was all I could do to get up and sprint after it to try and stop it. I managed to get the door open and half jump in but not before it had jumped a curb (doing about 15 MPH at this point) and hit the neighbors fence (which never even slowed it down) I got it stopped about 10 feet short of his house.....[​IMG]
    Not a mark on my Jimmy, but I had to fix his fence. Good thing he had a sense of humor! Oh yeah, I made up some beefy wheel chocks for it[​IMG]

Rene

[​IMG]<A target="_blank" HREF=http://jules.coloradok5.com>http://jules.coloradok5.com</A>

6. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

I haven't backed into anything, BUT Mrs, blazen91 backed into our friends Saturn. The Satur was parked behind our Burben and she said she didn't see it. I couldn't beleave how easily those plastic body panels snap.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.blazen91.coloradok5.com>http://www.blazen91.coloradok5.com</A>
    Protect the land FOR the people
    Not FROM the people

7. MrsBlazen91

MrsBlazen91 Registered Member

I DIDN'T SEE IT!!!!

8. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I wasn't even moving when this happened, but the damage was pretty impressive:

Around 1985, I had just come out of a club, around 2 am. My '77 K5 was parked on an end spot in the lot. It had a custom made rear bumper that began life as an 8-inch wide piece of channel steel that was cut and bent to contour around the back very nicely. It also had been made into a storage box, complete with 1/4-inch diamond plate for the top.

So anyway, I was just sitting in the truck with the engine idling to warm up the cab a bit when I feel the truck get a bit of a shove from the back. Well, these two quite intoxicated young ladies had cut the corner too short in their Malibu station wagon. That massive bumper had peeled the side of that wagon open like a giant can opener, from just behind the doors almost to the tail light! The girls didn't even get out to see what had happened, they just didn't want the police to show up. I told them that they hadn't done any damage to my truck, so they left happy (at least until they saw the damage the next morning!) [​IMG]

I had a very small, shiny, bare metal spot on the corner of my bumper. A quick shot of black Rustoleum and it looked as good as new. I wish I'd have gotten a picture of the damage to the Malibu!!! [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com>http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com</A>

9. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

My Porsche 944 that was in the driveway. The rear bumper put a 2' scratch down the side and the tire was in the door.

My mom backed into the rear bumper about a year ago and put a 1 1/2" dent in her car.

neather time did anything happen to the bumper!

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

10. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

My little brother was driving the '89 Sub a few years ago. At a dead stop, waiting for a light with 3 cars ahead of him. Got rear ended by three little old ladies in a mid sized sedan, speed estimated at 35-45 mph. Totaled: the car that hit him, the car in front of him, and the car in front of that. $8000 damage to the Cherokee (Grand?) in the front of the line. $3000 damage to the Sub. Only reason it couldn't be driven was that the trailer hitch bent 180 degrees and put a big V in the middle of the gas tank, breaking the fuel pump. Fortunatly, it had a skid plate so it didn't punture. The rear tires of the Sub came off the ground breifly when he was hit. Probably would have been hurt pretty bad driving a smaller car, fortunatly he was just fine. 4 or 5 others went to the hospital though.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd

11. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

HAHA some of those are pretty funny...
    My buddy and I are rippin apart a 79 truck and he toof the front panels and hood off it.. this hood was perfect.. not a rust spot on it, no body dings, nothing... SO he took it home, set it donw sprayed it off with thr pressure washer...
    Did I mention he did this behind his 1 - ton ford truck... hehehhe... he got a fire call at 3 am and backed out of his driveway... yup.... he has to buy a new hood...
    I just laughed...
    Leave it to a ford owner...
    hahaha

Um... yes officer I know it's too big...

12. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I knocked down a light pole at the dentist office. The hitch hit the pole and the rest is history. Good thing nobody was around....ssshhhhh!

<font color=blue> Yesterday was history,today is a mystery,and today is a gift. -Taproot- </font color=blue>

13. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I've got one of those newspaper boxes on a post that's been backed over 5 times at last count. And my neighbors insist on putting their trash can in front of my driveway - I've taken the wheels off of it twice now (maybe I should fix the backup lights?)

14. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

I believe you. Even if no one else does.

[​IMG]<font color=purple>Wayne's Muddy Wife</font color=purple>[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>Donna</font color=purple>

15. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Not over, but into...
    About 3 months ago, I was backing out of the spot I parked in on base. The spot sloped down, so my truck was a$$-high and I had to use a little power to get out. I looked a few times, then proceeded to back out, watching the guy off my right side, who was preparing to leave the parking lot. I hear a "thump-crunch" and stop, then look around. I see our newest crewchief in her little Bronco II with a terrified look on her face! I get out and have a look; I've crunched the drivers door of her car all the way in! I made sure she was OK, then we got out of the way to sort things out. I ended up paying her $25 for a door (perfect color-match!) from the U-Pull-It near the base, and she got a power window out of the deal.

Oh yeah, I tweaked the right corner of my back bumper and cracked the right taillight lens...

<font color=blue>Lessons Learned:<font color=black>
    Don't pull into the downhill spots on base anymore, back in.
    Fullsize vs. Midsize--Fullsize Wins!!

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!

16. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

I've abused my stock bumpers to the point that there are now smiley bumpers. The bend up and in at both ends.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd

17. James

James 1/2 ton status

Haven't backed over anything but.... I tried more or less to snow plow ;) an old couch out of the middle of our alley behind the house. Ended up 4 wheeling over it and crushing it into pieces sending one of the 2x4's from the couch up into the quarter panel in front of my left rear tire :(( Bent the panel all the way above the tire. Man that sucked. One thing that iritates me is when gasing up I put the gas cap ontop of my right rear tire. Always forget about it and run it over:(.

Moral of the story. Don't try do snowplow breakable objects with a raised k5 and long term beer drinking does cause short term memory loss

18. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I backed over a lawn mower, my creeper twice, nothing happened the first time, the second time 3 wheels popped off, and sometimes I hit those huge residentail dumpsters in alleys on purpose when they are empty...

90K5

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>

19. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

This isn't a back-up situation, buy my mom rear-ended a buick with her F/S 92 Blazer. She did 7,000 in damage to the buick, whole back end was smashed in. Her License plate on the Blazer didn't even get bent :-)

20. i haven't backed over anything lately but the other day i went over a speed bump in the safeway parking lot and heard a clang-a-lang-a-lang on the pavement. i got out and walk back and found my 3/4" open end i'd been missing for a while.

78, 350/350/203, 3/4 ton, 4" lift, 35" BFGs
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://bluebeast.coloradok5.com/>http://bluebeast.coloradok5.com/</A>