Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What have you guys hit in your k5's?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by The85k5, Jul 16, 2002.

1. The85k5

The85k5 1/2 ton status

What have you guys hit in your k5\'s?

So far my blazer has backed over a 4x4 post along with a fence, a 2001 convertable WS6 Trans Am, and a 2000 saturn /forums/images/icons/smile.gif it sux sometimes not being able to see whats behind you....oh and ran over like 3 shopping carts and a row of about 30 orange cones on the freeway /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

Re: What have you guys hit in your k5\'s?

a really big rock...i thought i could clear it with my front bumper...@ about 5mph i was wrong /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

3. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

I've backed into a mid 80s Trans Am, a Corolla, a drive-thru McDonald's sign /forums/images/icons/grin.gif , and countless small trees. Nothing going forward yet though. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

4. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

besides the rocks that dont let the fullsizes through---a lady hit me on the driverside dorr (right next to the gas tank /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif ) but in the end i won and her engine was sitting next to her in the passanger seat /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Chrysler Mini van that I rear ended at 5 mph. Been rear ended by a Ford F-100, hit about 6 trees and one rock face...oh yeah I hit the back of my wife's Mustang being a smart ass. That cost me two tail lights for her car and some of my manly pride/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Rene

6. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i was backing out of a spot at work and cut it to sharp. my front bumper hit the accord behind the rear door and ran to the tail lights, all was crumpled and busted. When the guy came out he couldnt beleve that i was mad because my bumper had a scrath on, the bad thing is that it was a stock bumper /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

I backed over onto the front of a mid 80s or early 90s camaro... /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

I didn't realize it until his alarm went off... /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

8. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

A 9 point buck! Now I have a new grille and radiator! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

9. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Cyborg....yeah the monster truck. He won even though I knocked him back about 6 feet. Hit him right in the 66" tire! Spit my grill out on the track and mangled the front end, but the truck was still running so I backed up and hit the last jump. Yeah I used to race tuff truck.

Numerous rocks
    Wall of mud

10. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Speaking of cones.. I want to get a whole bunch of them and reroute a whole road....

11. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I rerouted a road with some friends once a long time ago...it was pretty funny. We reouted it down an alley, and it was hilarious to see people slam on their brakes and turn, then some lady in a van crashed through the cones.

12. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Oh let me see.......in my old CJ on 38s I backed into a stack of landscape timbers. This was the mother of all stacks too, it was 16'x16'x6' of 8'x4"x6" timbers that were neatly and tightly stacked. (by me) I lost. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Let a drunk friend drive it thru a field one day and he hit every small tree he could find. Some were big enough that I could feel the Jeep lifting as he went over them. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif But it went over them. Used my buddies Chevrolet on 44s for brakes once when mine went out. LOL! I rear ended him HARD! /forums/images/icons/blush.gif No damage to either rig.

In my Chreokee on 40s I was drunk at the mud hole one day and nature called. I was blocked in so I figured Id back up, break the limb off the dead bush behind me w/ the bumper and back out. The branch broke off even w/ my bumper and slapped the lower quarter and flare. Oh well, I had to pee. LOL! Got rear ended by the above mentioned CJ. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Let my brother drive one time when he was like 9. He had it up to about 60 going across the back of mom and dads property, and swiped about 5 orange trees. I didnt let him drive it again. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif When I had the Cherokee stored, my dad side swiped it w/ the tractor. (as in heavy equiptment, not lawn tractor) Didnt leave any damage other than rubber marks from the tires on the tractor about 5 feet up the side across the drivers door and quarter. I had the Cherokee for over 10 yrs so I know I hit more than that but those are the only ones I recall.

I havent hit anything in PI yet. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

:EDIT: I forgot about this one. I was at Winn Dixie in town one afternoon and someone thought it would be amuzing to put a shopping cart under the Cherokee. It was on the passengers side and I didnt see it until I crunched it and got out to see what I hit. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

13. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

UMMMMM Jason, let me know where you do this so I dont get suckered in and wreck. LOL! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

14. captain chaos

captain chaos 1/2 ton status

wasn't in a k-5, but in my k30.
    i don't remember this (the crash anyway), was very drunk as i was everday for about the last 10 to 12 year's previse.
    here goes,
    quess i was dragracing a rx7, (on city street) a fullsize furd 2x4 got in my way. hit him right in the tailgate, this part i remember. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif
    new if i stopped i would get a dui so i toke off. tryed to sneak back to my house to hide pickup in garage. i live about 3 miles out of town so was trying to take least traveled road's. well had to hit a main road to get out of town. passed a sherif and he turned around and gave chase.
    hi speed pursut after that. by now there was 3 cop's behind me. made it to the edge of town and new there was no way i could out run them. luckely it had rained a bunch and i had the hub's locked in. toke them out of town and hit the muddy freshly plowed feild's. lost them, made it home to put pickup in garage, jumped in my old pickup and toke off to hide. stayed gone tell the next morning, called my lawyer from cell phone and told him i need to turn my self in. ended up getting a ticket for leaving the scene and care reguired. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif
    when i got home i checked out my pickup and to my surprise only the push bar was scratched. i basicly went over and threw him. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    by the way he didn't get hurt, little sore. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    as for the furd. TOTALED /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    literly went threw the tailgate. crumped the box like a acordian, bent frame, busted the auto tranny in half, poped both headlight's out, and other miscelanse.
    they figured i was going 70 to 90 mph when i hit him. (in 25mph zone) BUT I WAS WINNING THE RACE.. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif
    all said and done it cost me a bunch of money (LOT"S) and that is the only thing that ever got me to stop drinking!!!!
    i have not drank a drop since then (over 3 year's) so it turned out to be a good thing. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    as when i was drinking i ran over plenty of stuff but this stand's out the most as good and bad. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/blush.gif
    sober with more money for the toy's... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

dave

15. greg83k5

greg83k5 1/2 ton status

a dresser. crushed it.
    a couch. wedged it between a tree, tried to run over it but it collapsed.
    a 4' pile of garbage bags containing grass clippings. hit at 45 mph, the results were predictable..
    a cooler. broke it.
    utility pole, crushed rear quarter panel in front of bumper a bit. the pole suffered minimal damage..

that's all i can think of now. likely there's a story or two i've forgotten....

greg

16. greg83k5

greg83k5 1/2 ton status

ah yes now i remember, the big one...

i left my psychotic ex-girlfriend, packed up all my stuff and tried to drive off. she freaked out and tried to jump in front me. i swerved, going over a sidewalk, mowing down several bushes and the side of the big brick-wood entrance sign for our apartment. to this day the chunk i broke out of it has better paint where it was repaired and does not match...

greg

17. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Congrat's on sobering up Dave!/forums/images/icons/cool.gif A similar incident got a friend of mine to quit drnking too. He totaled a 62 Ford unibody pick-up he had just restored. He hit a parked car near the bar where he was drinking and limped the left-overs home. He passed out in his wrecked truck and was given a 1 year driving ban plus he had to pay all the costs and damages as well. I think riding his mountain bike to work for a year helped him commit to sobriety too...it sure got him back into shape!

Rene

18. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

working on the k-5 leaning out the drivers door, tying to hear the noise I was traking down. It was just rolling back and rolled into my Porsche 944. Ran over rocks, pushed a generator with the bumper. My mom backed into the rear bumper in her car. pushed then pulled out a friends crash posts out from infront of his store.

19. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

I slammed into a toota truck going about 35 I hit the brakes but it just didnt stop in tme. I swear it was her fault though she didnt go on the GREEN light and I did.

Oh well insurance went up about 4 bucks a month and my truck just needed a new bumper her truck was tottaled though. It was a fullsize toyota.

20. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I took out a boat. Leave it to me to take out something that I need to carry on top of my rig when I go in deep lakes....