Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What have you hauled?

Discussion in 'Tow & Trailer' started by ugly_blazer, Jul 17, 2004.

1. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

Here is a load of scrap that I hauled, the scrap alone weighed close to 8,000 lbs., my gross weight was 13,780 lbs. My trailer has no brakes, P235/75R15 tires, and is a ball mount. My truck is a 1995 Chevy 1/2 ton 2 wheel drive with a 4.3 V-6 and a 4L60E with about 179,000 miles on it. In the pile were 3 beds, 4 engines (2 in the cab, 2 in the middle bed), the cab was full of scrap, the bed on top is a pick-up bed trailer with the rear-end still attached and in it there were 3 rear-ends and a 10 bolt front, and on the floor of the trailer was half of a 2 wheel drive a frame. The truck pulled it fine but I could tell that the 4.3 is getting tired.

[​IMG]

2. fordcummins1

fordcummins1 1/2 ton status

Thats my kind of load. I haul scrap loads like that all summer for college money. Granted the no trailer brakes makes me a little nervous, but you got her loaded up the way I like it. Good work

3. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif