Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What headers are smog leagl for an 82 ?? NON-AIR Tubes

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ColAdo82K5, Jul 31, 2001.

1. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Hey,
    The cheap flowtechs arn't gonna cut it for emissions--so, what are my header options for my small block?? Edelbrock has some for 87-91 tbi blazers that are non-air tube. I know these will bolt up and have clearance but are there any weird connections on tbi stuff that I don't need etc ? They have headers for 83-up blazers with air tubes but i don't have tubes ! What about some shorties ---cheap Summit truck headers for an 88-94?? Small block pattern wil bolt up but what about the frame clearance ? I don't feel like going back to plain manifolds. What about a set of emissions shorties for a chevy car or something--anybody know any swap-able headers ??
    COLORADO K5 RULES--ROCK ON !
    Thanks
    Blake

2. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

I've been thinkin of headers for my '84 too. I've been told that its not worth it because they'll heat up too much and the horse power gain isn't worth the problems. I have been told to at least upgrade to 2 1/2" dual exhausts tho.

1984 K-5
    4" lift
    35x12.5 MTs
    buildin a 400 for it, any info greatly appreciated

3. ColAdo82K5

Hey,
    I have dynomax 2 1/4 inch true dual exhaust and it seems to work fine. I noticed a huge difference between manifolds and single exhaust to the full length headers and duals. I'm looking for a shortie smog headers now though.
    Blake

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I wouldn't buy headers not for your year and try ot make them fit if you have to tweek them. Might void any warrenty they come with. Check Hedman, I think they have what you want... Edelbrock is going to produce some headers that simply replace the stock manifolds. They are in production still and won't be out until mid-August from what they told me. They have no air tubes either... I'll pull out some catalogs and check for you as well... I'll let you know what I find. [​IMG]

Stephanie

C'mon captain break pedal... quit looking for the parade and drive!! [​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</a>
    &lt;&gt;&lt; MARK 1:17 &gt;&lt;&gt;

5. ColAdo82K5

hey,
    thanks alot. Those edelbrock "manifold replacing" headers sound really good-just what i was looking for. I'm sure they will run a pretty penny though- around $300 maybe ?
    Blake