Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what i did at work today

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ryan22re, Sep 22, 2005.

1. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

here's some of the fun i did today at work. had an 03 yukon denali xl, leaking power steering fluid into the truck from the hydroboost. soaked the front section of carpet and padding. ps fluid wicked up the wiring harness into the airbag module. soaked the harness along the driver's rocker panel, insulation is swollen and coming off.

heres the pic of the wiring harness i am replacing and what the inside looks like after removing all the parts that cover up the harness. starts at the left rear wheelhouse, outside the truck, goes to the rear hvac module up over the headliner in the rear, down the driver's side, across the trans tunnel, back up to the driver's footwell area and then up into the dash. was over 25 feet when stretched out.

ryan

Image0072.JPG

Image0082.JPG

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Nice!!

Hmmm..really makes me want to run out and apply for an "Auto Technichian" job.....NOT! :surepal: ---you have my sympathy!.. :crazy:

3. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

WAY to much work. :D i'll stick with my 79.HAVAC module?screw all that. :haha: :haha:

4. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

You just had to remind me of what I have to do to my truck, replace the wiring harness which was butcherd after a theft :( . It will probably take an entire weekend to do.

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

yep we get to do this all day. and best part in my state is new min wadge laws. next year or so the burger flipers will make vary close to what we do start out and i am thinking of fliping burgers full time.:p: