Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What I did today.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jagged, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Drove all over trying to find two complete hub assemblies for a 1" trailer axle. No one had any so I had to buy a bearking kit. THen drove all over finding someone who has a 4 on 4" wheel so I can get tires put on the wheels and a spare tire for the trailer.

Got back to Paul's and began hub disassembly. Broke one punch. Now I'm at a standstill, cooling off in the A/C after being outside all day. I've got new races installed in both hubs, and somewhere in the mix I lost a brand new inner seal.

I decided to stop looking for the seal and try to weld the spring perch back together. The front perch on the right side looks like the trailer hit a large rock. The steel delaminated from the trailer frame, and the weld holding the perch on is about 1/3 of the way torn. But it was way too bright outside to even see what I was doing. The area I was trying to weld in was in the shade, meanwhile the sun was shining on everything around it (bright white paint). The sun was at my back, so I was getting a lot of light in the helmet, and could barely see past the reflection of my face in the glass. I tried to lay a bead, but couldn't even see what I was doing, so I'm waiting till the sun goes down some before I try again.

After that, I decided to work on the lighting. I got the taillights installed, need to drill two 1/4" holes to mount the side marker lights, and run the wiring harness through. I installed some transom straps to hold the boat down, and decided to come inside for a break.

I'm having trouble getting some motivation to go back outside :(

2. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

Here is some motavation. You could be doing it in the -16 weather we have right now.

3. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Hrm... 86 degrees, or -16? I'll take the 86 :D

4. dogdaysunrise

Good old bolt snapping cold. Figured that would work :D

5. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

About a month ago I got stuck in New Hampshire; -11 and I didn't have much in the way of insulated clothing. Not so much fun working on a jet engine :(

6. dogdaysunrise

Yea man I can imagine. I dont even like to pump my own gas when its cold out.