Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What I do for a living...(pics)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Rob 85K5, Jan 15, 2002.

1. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just thought I would post <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/album/29273219cTXoQhJgZm>pics</a> of the jobsite I am on, since I have mentioned it a time or two.
    It's a 100,000SF Hospital in SanDestin, FL. on US Hwy 98. We should be complete for Christmas next year.

Those pics show over 500Tons of Steel.

Oh yeah, I am one of the project managers for the General Contractor
    Rob

<font color=orange>Bleedin' Chevy Orange</font color=orange><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Rob 85K5 on 01/15/02 12:46 PM.</FONT></P>

2. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Is that an 'erect-a-set'? [​IMG]

<font color=blue>Answers: $1, Short: $5, Correct: $25, dumb looks are still free.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

3. TXBIGFISH

TXBIGFISH 1/2 ton status

I'm one of your favorite headaches.........the dreaded "Builing Inspector"! I'm in TX though, so no favors for you.
    Gotta love them hospitals, if you have one going on you don't have time to do anything else! I should have moved my office there on the last one I was doing inspections on!

Isn't sheetrock mud firecalk?!?!

&lt;*)))&gt;&lt;

81" GMC Jimmy, 4" lift and a shackle flip, and 35's!

IT'S A DOG EAT DOG WORLD OUT THERE, AND I'M WEARING "MILK BONE" UNDERWEAR!!!!!!!!

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Impressive ....

Eric
    from Freekmont,CA.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>The darker side of nonsense...</a>

5. Rob 85K5

Actually is steel erection. Now you know the guy in the truck with Jim Bob's Steel Erection written on the side isn't an adult film star. The job makes great conversation at my wifes work parties. Especially the concrete vibrator thats 15" long an runs on 110 volts or the gas powered ones. LOL

Rob

<font color=orange>Bleedin' Chevy Orange</font color=orange>

6. Rob 85K5

Most inspectors are alright once you get to know them. 90% of the differences are based on interpretation of Code. The headaches here are the state health inspectors and their code and when 2 codes call for two different things.

Rob

<font color=orange>Bleedin' Chevy Orange</font color=orange>

7. TXBIGFISH

TXBIGFISH 1/2 ton status

You have to love that, I have to deal with that on a daily basis!
    Here in Texas we also have the Texas Accesability Standards Act, which supercedes the ADA. One more headache!

Really we are guy's just like everone else, our job is just to make sure ALL builders residential and comercial meet, and this is the key

MINIMUM BUILDING STANDARDS!!!

I personally love the job and left a job making 70+ K a year to go back to it! It is definately a labor of love because you don't do it for the money!

&lt;*)))&gt;&lt;

81" GMC Jimmy, 4" lift and a shackle flip, and 35's!

IT'S A DOG EAT DOG WORLD OUT THERE, AND I'M WEARING "MILK BONE" UNDERWEAR!!!!!!!!