Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What I got done today

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 3 on the tree, Aug 28, 2005.

1. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

I finally broke down and removed the blower to find out why I had no air coming through the defrost and heat vents. Four dead mice and a pillowcase full of mousenest later, I have heat and defrost!!! While the gods were smiling upon me, I installed the OE radio and speaker I found in an abandoned house. What a PITA! Gotta pull the ashtray bracket and the heater controls to get the radio in. Oh yeah, I forgot about the defrost ducts being in the way also.. Pics if anyone wants to see what an OE 70 Blazer speaker looks like.

Car Show 007.jpg

Car Show 008.jpg

Car Show 009.jpg

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

your heater control panel mounting screws sure arent oem heh

3. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

What I took out were LARGE sheet metal screws. At least these are machine screws. If ya got a couple of the correct ones, PM me.

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

mouse house...

We had a Subaru come in my friends shop--the blower motor would vibrate the entire dashboard when it was on "hi"...we figured a blade on the fan broke off and threw it out of balance..the pretty blonde driver said "just FIX it,I'm sick of no heat and that terrible vibation!."...so we tried pulling the blower motor out--and failed!--it was mounted dead center,and the engine was in the way! :doah: we couldn't get it all the way out.. :mad:

But we did get it out far enough to get our hands in the ductwork--and I pulled out 2 mouse heads,and several mummified remains of some more bodies!..and a bic lighter,a pen,and a clothespin! :haha: ...it STUNK to high heaven like rotting corpses in the car (my friend said maybe she had crotch rot! :eek: :rotfl: :rotfl: :thinking: )...but it was the mice,and some Mcdonald's happy meal leftovers her little girl shoved under the seat about a year before--it had mold 1" high growing out of it! :eek1: ..

When the lady returned to pick up her car,she demaded to "see" what we did to fix the car,without buying any parts!(she was questioning the 75 dollar "labor only charge")...so my friend shows her the baggie with the mouse heads and mummies in it,and the pen and lighter and clothespin--she nearly peuked! :haha: --and she said "So THATS where that clothespin went"!

She said she'd been having bad "colds" and flu like symptoms for months!--her doctor gave her allergy tests,antibiotics,and she still had runny nose and sneezing--mostly when she drove her car!--she returned a few days later--her doctor said she had some kind of mouse related viral disease that could have proved deadly,after she told him mice were found in her car heater,and he did some tests!..he said the mold could have been a culprit too...I HATE mice,and the mess and nests, and diseases they spread,including bubonic plague! :eek1: ..

I think I have some in my garage,hiding in an Onan 2 cylinder air cooled engine I'm storing--they LOVE briggs and strattons and any other air cooled motor too..I'm probably lucy I havent been infected from handling so many nests and crap from mice in mower engines...one guy who ran a local mower shop DID die at age 37 from a mysterious viral infection..I wouldn't doubt if it was due to mice....Time to let my stray cats in the shop I guess.. :doah: :mad: :crazy:

5. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

its prooven that IF you grow up and live around mice and other rodents your more than likely immune to their desises. like haunta virus (sp) that killed several people a while back. those people where upper class folks who hadnt ever been around mice. im not here to defend the little ****ers just to inform yall they aint as dangerous as some people would like to claim. if you want to talk about something realy gross the average person has over 50 parasitic worms in their body at any given time. thats gross

balzer