Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What I think of John Kerry

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Oct 8, 2004.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

He is an opportunist.

Even thgouh I now like Bush, a significant number of liberals feel threatened and hate him.

John Kerry has nothing to compete against a candidate that has a majority of support.
    He has "wanted to be president his whole life". Why hasn't he run before? Because he has nothing to offer. If he'd tried to run before, he'd fall flat on his face against previous candidates that had a more impressive records and stronger support.

He's running against George W. Bush (not Bush Jr.) because enough people hate George Bush that they'll vote to simply get him out of office. John Kerry needs that out-vote. It's his strongest ticket IN.

Otherwise, put John Kerry up against Bill Clinton and he wouldn't get nominated. If he did somehow, George H.W. Bush would have the stronger platform of history. Put him up against George W. Bush in 2000, and he *may* have had a chance based on the Hate-Bush vote again.

Anyway, just observances I've made. I've come to like Bush in the past 2 years. Under the Bush administration, I've become a homeowner, gotten a great job, and am raising two kids. I don't actually think that has much to do with Bush, but it did happen under his term.
    Kerry's campaign has failed to prove to me that Kerry has done anything in his life that would improve the lifestyles of americans. They haven't even tried, I guess because he has nothing (although I'm glad I'm hearing less about his VietNam service lately), and even has a poor voting and attendence record in the senate. I've heard from my own loose research that he's done great things for vets, while still never sponsoring a bill.

So anyway, I'm voting Bush because I know what I have.

2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Well put. Those are even your own words, not a copy/paste as others are know for... /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif I'm voting for Bush also, because like you said at least we know what we are getting. Who knows what Kerry would do...

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I heard something on the radio today about how the Kerry plan would cost each and every american another $700.00 in tax each year. I didn't like the sound of that at all.

4. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

Ya, I do feel threatened by him! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

He has made this world very unsafe and has gotten us in such a hole that it will take years to get us out!

How is he going to pay for this war?? By taxes did I hear you say? You are correct! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

There are always going to be acts of terrorism on/in our country. No, this is not acceptable to me; however creating terror with war is not the answer.

What about placing other security measures in place and/or improve the ones we already have? This way they may never get in! /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. backcountry

[ QUOTE ]
    I heard something on the radio today about how the Kerry plan would cost each and every american another $700.00 in tax each year. I didn't like the sound of that at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much is this going to cost us?? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I do agree with on one point.

We need to increase the security at our borders. I like O'Reilly's idea of supplementing the boarder patrol with National Guard troops. It's too easy for people to get across the boarder without any notice.

7. backcountry

That is a great idea! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Any more Guy's??

8. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

You said it there. Kerry is a loser that is trying to slide in on the anti-Bush ticket. I have asked anyone that I know is voting for Kerry why they are voting that way and the only response I have gotten from anyone is "anybody but Bush". What a great mental state that is. By that mindset, they would vote for Stalin if he was running against Bush. People who think like that scare me to no end. Just goes to show that you should never underestimate the power of stupid people.

9. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I think we should start more wars with largely populated countries with poor defense, kill absolutely everyone, and let that are run wild to balance out the human condition

I also think back country is actually a badly coded program aimed at redundancy and CTRL+C CTRL+V operations

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Ya know what's odd, I think Kerry could actually be a likeable guy. His politiks are frightening, but if he was my uncle or something, I can see myself kind of liking him. He doesn't seem as snobbish as he seems. That makes no sense I know, but in my mind it does /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif...

11. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Ever see the previews for the documentary "Political Tourist"? He seems alright, but........ no no he doesn't

12. backcountry

I think Edwards is also a cool dude! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Acually Bush has very very strong support. Stronger than Clinton had when he was elected in 1992. Clinton was elected with only 42 percent of the vote in 1992. He got 49 percent in 1996. Roughly what Bush has now.
    Kerry will have a hard time overcoming those numbers. His destiny is to loose.

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I think Edwards is also a cool dude! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

15. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

This is what i think of kerry

[​IMG]

16. backcountry

[ QUOTE ]
    Acually Bush has very very strong support. Stronger than Clinton had when he was elected in 1992. Clinton was elected with only 42 percent of the vote in 1992. He got 49 percent in 1996. Roughly what Bush has now.
    Kerry will have a hard time overcoming those numbers. His destiny is to loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all over! Time for Bush to pack his bags and head back to Crawford, Texas! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[​IMG]

17. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Yeah, I know he has a lot of core support, but he's also got a lot of wacky liberals that seem to absolutely hate him.
    That's where I think John Kerry's got his ticket to ride.

This is definately a polarized race on Bush, his core supporters seem pretty adamant, as are his detractors.

18. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Without reading the rest of the posts I'll tell you that there is only one thing I don't like about Bush... He took us to war and I don't believe we will finish it.... I wouldn't vote for Kerry if he was the only one running.

However I don't back Bush either because of the way the world is starting to fall apart.... We are the strongest and most powerfull nation in the world and we should be able to conduct ourselves in an orderly fashion without looking like a bunch of power mongers to everyone else on the planet... We do not run the world folks... We shouldn't, and it's very obvious that we don't...

Now I'll read the rest of the posts... Thank you for your attention and the oppertunity to express my opinion...

19. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    He has made this world very unsafe

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it amazing that in a post 9-11 world anyone sane can actually sit there and suggest that the world ever was "safe". IMO, the only time the US was truly safe in the last century was that glorious period between the end of WWII and when the Soviets detonated their 1st atomic bomb. That period was safe... we'd layed the smack down on anyone that was really a problem, and we were the only ones with nukes. Good times. Before then, and ever since then, we've had varrying degrees of "unsafe". IMO, when no one was at the wheel (aka klintons 8 years) we were as unsafe as we could get. Terrorists attacked us at will with little worry of reprisal. Not good, not good at all.

[ QUOTE ]
    and has gotten us in such a hole that it will take years to get us out!

[/ QUOTE ]

the same could be said for FDR in 1942. So what. Wars are no freakin joke and just like W said after 9-11, its going to be long, hard, and costly. IMO, he's dead on accurate. 9-11 proved to us that its necessary and right to wage war on terrorists and rogue states. IMO, this case is more morally clear-cut than WWII ever was.

[ QUOTE ]
    How is he going to pay for this war?? By taxes did I hear you say? You are correct! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't have a direct say in how our tax dollars will be spent... but personally, I'd prefer that my $ went to give some grunts some body armor. Kerry would prefer that it went into some government agency, never to see the light of day again.

[ QUOTE ]
    There are always going to be acts of terrorism on/in our country.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhh, why? Saddam was in charge of iraq and there was NO anti-government terrorism going on there while he was in charge. Im not saying we should "run things like Saddam"... what I am saying is that terrorist attacks can be limited to the point where they aren't significant.

[ QUOTE ]
    No, this is not acceptable to me; however creating terror with war is not the answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

"creating terror". uhh, whatever dude. Were there any idiots out there during WWII who were saying "dont fight the nazis, every time you kill one, you create 10 more!!!!". Its a total myth and makes NO sense whatsoever. Anyone who can strap a bomb to themselves and blow themselves up for a cause isn't "nudged" into doing it by anything we do, they hate anyone not-muslim to the point where their actions make sense to them. Fighting a more "sensitive war" as Kerry puts it is not going to change the minds of these kinds of people. You don't play nice with absolute evil, you just kill it where ever you find it. Same thing here as with the Nazis. Oppose it with every ounce of your being for the good of all man kind.

[ QUOTE ]
    What about placing other security measures in place and/or improve the ones we already have? This way they may never get in! /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

believe me, I'm a shoot-anyone-who-crosses-the-boarded-illegally type of person. I disagree with GWB on this one and have no problems saying as much.

j