Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What I wanna know......

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by dallassnowman, Feb 6, 2004.

1. dallassnowman

dallassnowman 1/2 ton status

is where can I drive within 30-45min and go muddin??
    Like from Dallas, Plano,Mesquite area.
    Just to get away for an hour or so!!! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. monsterjim

monsterjim 1/2 ton status

Our club is making it that way slowly. We have some events in Whichita Falls, and occasionally in Henrietta, we are going to try to move on into Denton cause we hear they have some pretty good trail rides, and tough truck competitions. What cha runnin in that thang?

3. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

Here is a write-up on a place called The Colony Trails near Dallas. I hear it's not worth going to if you live more than 10 miles away, but heck I'll probably be there tomorrow( Saturday ) to check it out....
    Jeff
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

---------------------------
    From Plano: Take 121 W. to The Colony. Turn right on Main street off of 121.Take Main street down to N. Colony. Turn right on N. Colony and stay in the left lane. You will go past The Colony PD, then a Fire station with big red
    doors. After the fire station, you need to look for Taylor street, it is on the left. It is easy to miss the first time. Once on Taylor, go until you see a stop sign at a 4way intersection. Turn right at the stop sign, (Please
    try to be courteous to the people who live across the street and help keep the noise down) there is a gravel parking lot on your left. The enterance is through a gate at the far end of the parking lot, you should see the trail
    into the area. Watch out for the first obstacle if it is muddy, I have seen several vehicals almost end up in the creek. Stay close to the big pole on the right and you will be fine. After the first obstacle, you are in the staging area, go thru th! e gate ahead of you and you are there. There are some fun hills to the left after you go thru the 2nd gate.

Dont go by yourself. Another vehical is a must. A lot of the holes out there will swallow a 35" tire no problem, and few of the creeks on the back of the property are 5+ feet deep. Be sure to watch out for motorcycles and ATVs.

4. dallassnowman

It all stock, except for 16x10 305 rims and tires,6.2L diesel. I need a lift!! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

5. dallassnowman

Is this the only place??
    I know someone out there knows a good spot to go!!!!
    Nothing too serious to swallow a 35" tire!! /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif
    Just enough to get dirty!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

6. GRAYTEXK5

GRAYTEXK5 1/2 ton status

if you find a place...let me know, because I'm been wondering where to go myself. the only place I know of, is THE place pretty much everyone around the area knows...off hwy 360. but it gets pretty nasty after a good rain, and you're almost guaranteed to get stuck with 35's. but i guess you could probably avoid a lot of the serious stuff, just depends how brave ya feel at the time. but you could definitely have fun there when it's a little more dry. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

i'll be headed towards grapevine in 2 weeks with a buddy
    to test rigs i hope /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif just holler if you want to go

8. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

yes, this is a rising problem, round tulsa, they fenced off our main 4wd spot, which was pretty good for minor off-roading, and the lazy bums that dont go to a real dump just dump all their crap in the middle of the trails that are left, sorry this is sorta off topic, but just thought id comment..

9. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    they fenced off our main 4wd spot, which was pretty good for minor off-roading, and the lazy bums that dont go to a real dump just dump all their crap in the middle of the trails that are left

[/ QUOTE ]
    Amen to that. We lost a damn good area down here in OKC to just that mentality. Sorry for the hijack as well. Can't help ya on the Tejas wheelin'.

John