Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What if I ...........................

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pauly383, May 10, 2004.

1. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Was looking at my truck again, and wondered............What it would look like with sliders, trimming , and rockcrawler rims. Granted I won't be running 35's until next year ( when I regear ). But how does this look guys ?? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

[​IMG]

2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Looks like crap Paul don't do it, it's too "pretty" for all the off road crap, keep it mall rated, you KNOW you want too. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. camok10

camok10 1/2 ton status

It wont look anything like a 5 min job in Microsoft Paint. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif.... /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif always fun, but not always good. but i say, yes.

4. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Don't do it! Don't let the offroad bug claim another rust free truck. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Leave your ralley rims but otherwise do it! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. pauly383

Well I'm gonna hafta trim abit. These 33's look so small. Oh well. Next year its 35's /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

What size sliders are you plannin on? If you're thinkin maybe 3x3 and you can stand to wait a while and you wanna maybe save some money, maybe we could go in together on a whole stick? Lots of maybes huh?

Good luck to y'all in the future. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Allan

8. pauly383

That could work Allan. Of course I am thinking maybe sliders under rockers like fatbob's , or the ones on Rob's pickup. But either way 3x3 sounds cool. You weld and I'll pony up for the steel, let me know how much and we can do this in a few weeks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

The rear bumper, I think I want to let Jay make that , I like his /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

What if you......
    [​IMG]
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Marv

10. justhorsinaround

Paul, that could be a plan then. I'll do some more lookin and plannin this afternoon as I'm obviously not doin to much at this point in time. We'll even work on Ole Wimpy first to work all the bugs out and such. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Allan

11. justhorsinaround

No no no Marv. You're confusin Paul's and my trucks again. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif That's the plan for that thang settin out in my driveway. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Allan

12. pauly383

Well Marv, I wouldn't need new carpet , weatherstrip, and fuzzies then /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    But thats a little too extreme /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif I really want to be the guy who wheels with the big boys and drives it home /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

i like it..

like marv posted
    pull the top, hack away, cage it, and wheel.. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Rob and I were just talkin about this last night. One rock crawling trip and paul is thinking of using the sawzall. You know paul, we all had clean trucks to start with (me, harley, fred, rob, marv, DJ, mikey, jay, and a few others I can't think of) the list of sheetmetal victims will continue to grow with the wisdon and guidance of those on the dark side. It just depends on how much fun you want to have (usually at the expense of sheetmetal).

15. pauly383

With you guys as spotters, 35's, some sliders, and light trimming do you think I could do some of the harder stuff. I still think I can hang /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

BTW I really don't think I'd cut mine too bad, just thinking /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

16. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Your adding me to the group of beat up sheetmetal awful quick aren't you there. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif I don't have any damage I couldn't fix fairly easily. Don't jump the gun yet. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

Harley

17. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

18. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I say... /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif NOW wheel like your tryin' to out run your ex /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. justhorsinaround

OOOOOO can I be in the banged up sheet metal group?? After all we got our first little dent and a slightly bent bumper on that little droppy down at the beginnin of Raw Deal!!

Well it's a step.

Allan