Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what if???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by archer, Oct 26, 2000.

1. archer

archer 1/2 ton status

Just a question on your personal experiences. a friend bought a CJ5 yesterday. (How does a human get in and out of those things?!) And we began discussing a hypothetical situation, and came to no conclusions, so I thought I'd run it by all of you. You have a fully insured mud monster K5 that doubles as a daily driver. You take it off road one day and roll down a hill, destroying the truck and seriously injuring yourself (I hate playing devil's advocate, but I'd like to know. I pray this never happens to anyone reading this post) Would the car insurance company pay the claim, or call it intentional destruction? Secondly, would your health insurance pay the claim, or disallow any charges related to the accident? I know that if your health policy has a "subrogation" clause, they can sue to recover the cost of your treatment. If something similar has happened to you or anybody you know, I'm curious to know how it turned out. Thanks!

"who dares wins"

2. Stoopalini

Stoopalini 1/2 ton status

Your insurance company's claim adjuster would decide if they would cover the damage to the vehicle or not; and your Automobile's Personal Injury Protection Clause (if you opted for it) should cover X amount of $$ of your medical bills.

This is just my opinion now, as I'm no insurance agent

Thomas

-- '84 K5 Blazer --
    http://stoopalini.coloradok5.com/index.html

3. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

I'll ask my buddy tonight during the game, he's an adjuster, he knows all sorts of little ways to beat the system. If i get any good dirt i'll post back here.

RaisedK5

"Friends don't let friends drive Fords"

4. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

Your favorite fishing hole is on the other side of the hill, correct? You're using your vehicle as trasportation just like anybody else going to play golf, snow skiing, or whatever. It all should be good.
    BUT, I'm not in insurance, just a normal logical person that believes that's what insurance is for...accidents.

Cruisin in my '73.