Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What Injectors to use on 89 Jimmy 350 TBI?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mav2u, Oct 22, 2003.

1. Mav2u

Mav2u 1/2 ton status

I've tried the ones from Autozone made by GP Sorensen. The injector is totally different looking than the factory even though the picture in the parts book looks like the factory one. Some sort of new version or whatever I guess.

Anyways, this injector sucked ass! Truck would crank longer when trying to start. Didn't seem to have the oompff it had before. I did replace all pieces on the TBI unit also. What I was wondering if anyone has had the same experience or if they bought the factory replacement ones. They are a German sounding name and are like double the price of the Sorensens. So I re-installed the factory ones and truck starts like a champ. But with 222,000 miles on them I would like to change this just to be safe. What injectors has everyone else used? Experiences with them?

Mav

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

IMO, OEM is the ONLY way to go with TBI injectors...You gould TRY Turbocity injectors as they are just matched sets of OEM injectors...

Chris

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Yup. Your best bet is to go with the Turbocity flow matched injectors. They are GM(rochester) OEM injectors.
    I like mine.
    turbocity.com

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    They are a German sounding name and are like double the price of the Sorensens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bosch

5. Mav2u

Mav2u 1/2 ton status

Nope not Bosch. I'm going to have to go look for them again. Only found two places on line that sold them last time. I wanna say it started with an N or something.

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Beck / Arnley?

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Maybe Niehoff?

8. Steve_87K5

Steve_87K5 1/2 ton status

I bought reman injectors from Northern Auto. Look identical to OEM but reman. Sent cores back for quick refund. Been running them 2 yrs now, no problems. Northern price beat all locals in my area.

9. Mav2u

Mav2u 1/2 ton status

I'll have to pull the numbers off the injectors to get search results on the web that I did last time...wish I had book marked that site now.

10. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I just had to post this! What a load of crap. I'll just get me 20 of those and stack them on my truggy. They claim "as much as 11 hp gain" for a spacer, so 20 of them should give me at least another 150-200 hp. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Just be careful what you buy or buy into. There is a lot of BS about this type of stuff, especially on the web, and most of it will not make a measurable difference on a dyno... There are some very knowledgeable performance guys on here (I'm not one of them, but I do know a bit) that can help sift through the garbage.

11. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status