Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What is a Dana 60 worth?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Gmck2500mudder, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Gmck2500mudder

Gmck2500mudder Registered Member

Anybody have an idea of what a good Dana 60 is worth? It is stock.

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

stock in what? late 70s high pinion ford 60s demand a premium. Dually low pinion ones tend to get less. At any rate, a 60 is worth anywhere between $800 and $1200 depending on which one it is, location etc. Some people find them cheaper... but usually only because the seller doesn't have a clue.

j

3. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

Define good? Does it have the gears you want? or traction device? What make is it? Low or high pinon? Front or rear axle?

Look in the for sale section/ebay/craiglist to see what they are selling for. My guess is $1000 +/- 200 (thats American dollars of course) for a front GM dana 60 in decent condition

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

lol, x2. Being a fullsize chebbie/ff14b whore I didn't even consider that he might be talking about a rear axle... lol!!! good catch,

j

5. Gmck2500mudder

Gmck2500mudder Registered Member

The axle is a front and it is in a 79' chevy half ton right now. The truck has a rebuilt sbc350 and a 4spd. The interior is nice. The rear end is a 14bolt with disk brake conversion. The body is rough so i could get the whole truck for $800 canadian. There are alo good four inch lift springs in the front and also nice traction bars in the back.

Whould you say its worth it?

6. balterbuilt

balterbuilt 1/2 ton status

Buy It!!!!!!!

7. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

If it's really a Dana 60 then yes. Make sure it's not a 3/4t Dana 44 before you buy it. Dead give-aways are the 60f cast into center section, kingpins with the four bolts on top (instead of balljoints). And only has one u-bolt on the passenger side. bolts/studs in the center section.

A lot, a lot of guys confuse the 8 lug D44's with D60's. Do your homework before you buy it. Other wise sounds like a good deal.

8. sope

sope 1/2 ton status

I paid 800 Canadian for mine with 410's. It was out of a '79 single rear wheel truck. It was in a ditch, one broken rotor and It needed all bearings and a king pin kit but did come whith calipers that I had to rebuild and grind.

So i I would say that's a hell of a deal.

9. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

it is worth it expecially with the rear disc conversion....:bow:

I could have got a pair of d60's (front/rear) for $450 but I dont need them..... and Id feel bad selling them to yall for a profit :haha: