Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What is a good 12 volt air compressor?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by denver75k5, Sep 15, 2002.

1. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

Im looking for a high volume, high pressure 12 volt air compressor. The one i have now will fill my tires but after about an hour!! Anyone have any info on a good one?

2. Brian85gmc

Brian85gmc Registered Member

damn, there is a company who makes an electric YORK but I can't remember thier name.

you can find it at this site though /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Oasis Off-Road makes the electric York. Make sure you have the lube ready though, because it ain't cheap... </font color>

4. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

If you look in the October issue of Peterson's 4WOR there's a test on the Oasis Trailhead compressor. Definitely get out the lube--it goes for $699 for a new unit and $599 for one with a rebuilt compressor! Ouch! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Will

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

QuickAir II is pretty fast. Still pricy but NOT $600 pricy. My bud had one of the originals that was not as fast but still was prtty quick for an electric. Drwas too much to use a cig plug. Have to clamp to the battery.
    http://www.oasis-off-road.com/ Might be able to get it through ORD also.

6. denver75k5

Man, they are proud of those!! After a little searching I found one that might be good, it's called the "EXTREME OUTBACK'S EXTREMEAIRE" It puts out 4 cfm @ 150psi with a duty cycle of a 100%. Also with a pricetag of "only" $380.

7. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

I'm thinking of getting one of these for Leadfoot for Christmas(shhh...don't tell /forums/images/icons/wink.gif ) so this info was helpful to me too! Thanks, guys!

8. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Have you though of doing a CO2 set up? Few folks including
    Keith that have done those for a reasonable price with used tank and a regulator. CO2 is also nice and dry and good for tires and air tools. NASCAR pit crews use CO2. the is no compressor behind the wall.Just a couple tanks. Like $20 to refill but it lasts longer than you would think. Most people say they go a 2-3 months with regular wheeling.

9. denver75k5

Ya, thats what im using now (an empty co2 tank) but it's in a fixed position. from what I hear you have to mount them or stand them up right to use them. Also I like just flipping the switch for air /forums/images/icons/smile.gif