Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what is a good distributor for a reasonable price.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by zach78k5, Oct 7, 2004.

1. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

I have a 305 with the ESC crap and I plan to buy an HEI without all the extra BS. I primarily use my rig as a daily driver. I dont need something for 7000 rpm. I want something that is going to give me an extra kick though.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

You won't see extra kick against a GM distributor.

Some claim better starting, I haven't owned anything but GM, so I can't comment. I CAN say that my GM setups have NEVER failed me, eveen though most are as old as the vehicle.

Obviously, pieces fail from wear, but nothing out of the ordinary. Dyno resulsts aren't used in ignition advertising because HEI is plenty for "low" (non-racing) RPM's. You can upgrade the coil for better performance, but again, HEI is plenty for a non-race motor.

3. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i bought a petronix flamethrower HEi and i liked it alot /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

I just picked up a Mallory out of Summitt Racing for $150. I think my old dis. was pretty worn out. It woke the K5 right up /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. 454k30

454k30 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

go with a GM, factory reliability!