Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What is a Marine

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stickseler, Apr 4, 2003.

1. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

WHAT IS A MARINE?

226 YEARS OF ROMPING, STOMPING, HELL, DEATH, AND DESTRUCTION. FINEST FIGHTING MACHINE THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN. WE WERE BORN IN A BOMB CRATER MOTHER WAS AN M-16 AND MY FATHER WAS THE DEVIL, AND EACH MOMENT THE I LIVE IS AN ADDITIONAL THREAT UPON YOUR LIFE.

I'M ROUGHISH LOOKING ROVING SOLDIER OF THE SEA. I AM COCKY, SELF CENTERED OVERBEARING AND I DO NOT KNOW THE MEANING OF FEAR, FOR I AM FEAR ITSELF. I AM A GREEN AMPHIBIOUS RECON MONSTER MADE OF BLOOD AND GUTS WHO AROSE FROM THE SEA WHOSE SOLE PURPOSE IN THE WORLD IS TO PERPETRATE DEATH AND DESTUCTION ON THE FESTERING OF ANTI AMERICAN THROUGHOUT THE WORLD WHEREVER IT MAY ARISE. AND WHEN MY TIME COMES. I'LL DIE A GLOURIOUS DEATH ON THE BATTLEFIEL, GIVING MY LIFE TO MOM, APPLE PIE, AND THE AMERICAN FLAG.

WE STOLE THE EAGLE FROM THE AIR FORCE, THE ANCHOR FROM THE NAVY AND THE ROPE FROM THE ARMY AND ON THE SEVENTH DAY WHILE GOD RESTED, WE OVERAN HIUS PERMITER AND STOLE THE GLOBE, AND WE'VE BEEN RUNNING THE SHOW EVERSINCE. WE LIVE LIKE SOILDIERS, TALK LIKE SAILORS, AND SLAP THE HELL OUT OF THE BOTH OF THEM AT THE SAME TIME.

KILLER BY DAY, LOVER BY NIGHT, DRUNKARD BY CHOICE, UNITED STATES MARINE BY ACT OF GOD!!!

[​IMG]

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    THE ROPE FROM THE ARMY

[/ QUOTE ]
    That's only because the aviators had possession of it and they were on crew rest at the time. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

As long as you kids KNOW..there are some americans standing fast. Too evil and destructive to even be contemplated. Though we might be too old to join up, we stand with you shoulder to shoulder, every shot you take..we are with you. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

SEMPER FI

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

semper. since i am the only person in my architecture studio class who has been in the military, classmates ask me funny questions sometimes. A few days back some1 asked me if I thought we had enough troops in iraq to "do the job". I told her that, as far as the ground war-fighting aspect of it goes, the 1st Marine division would have been enough. One of my good buddies laughed... and I was like "what? there are only 20 million or so Iraqis!" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Best thing about US Marines, they dont know how to lose. Some people are worried about the "horrors" of urban warfare that could occur in Baghdad. It may be rough going... but if 1st mar div and 1st mef have to turn baghdad into another Hue city (ie pretty much destroy the entire city) they can do that. Killing bad guys and destroying things are what Marines do. Hopefully it wont be that bad for iraqi civilians, but whatever happens, I guarentee the marines (and even them army pukes) will win.

j

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    Killing bad guys and destroying things are what Marines do. Hopefully it wont be that bad for iraqi civilians, but whatever happens, I guarentee the marines (and even them army pukes) will win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Army pukes huh? Who rolled into Baghdad first Jarhead? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Gotta respect them fawking Jarheads though. Who'd have bigger balls to go rolling through 200 miles of the desert of some large box of tin built for the water with very little in the way of firepower on the vehicle?

7. Stickseler

Yea from what I've been seeing It looks like the Marines only have light armor in east Baghdad. Hummers and LAV's big brass kajonas /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

Just remember... The Marines win battles but the Army wins WARS!

But in fairness... The Marines are a special breed.

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Negative Ghostrider!

The Army wins battles.....
    The Marines wins battles.....
    The Navy wins battles......
    The Air Force does something......

But the United States MILITARY wins wars!!!!

10. Stickseler

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Negative Ghostrider!

The Army wins battles.....
    The Marines wins battles.....
    The Navy wins battles......

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Blows holes in the ground to give marines and soldiers places to throw dead iraqi's

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah yeah.... ok your right on that. it was just an old saying ya' know.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

12. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Killing bad guys and destroying things are what Marines do. Hopefully it wont be that bad for iraqi civilians, but whatever happens, I guarentee the marines (and even them army pukes) will win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Army pukes huh? Who rolled into Baghdad first Jarhead? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, this is the first time yall army dogs got there first...
    but CNN never said anything bout the USMC cnipers that have been there huh bubba ray...
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    semper fi
    grant

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    yeah, this is the first time yall army dogs got there first...
    but CNN never said anything bout the USMC cnipers that have been there huh bubba ray...

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. jekbrown

yeah yeah, I'll give ya that... the army pukes have rolled into baghdad first... but lets not forget that those guys also took the EASY way (ie nice spring drive through the desert) around to the west while the marines had to go through several nasty towns/cities, securing bridges and kicking butt all along the way! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

affirmative on the less heavy armor thing... marines dont have as much. not to mention that while marines are doing everything they can with Cobra gunships... it'd be a heck of a lot nicer having the 101st 200+ apaches for support. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

it was cool to see the army take stroll through baghdad... somehow i get the feeling that when the marines take ground in the city tho... they will be less willing to give it back to the enemy. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

j

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    but lets not forget that those guys also took the EASY way (ie nice spring drive through the desert) around to the west while the marines had to go through several nasty towns/cities, securing bridges and kicking butt all along the way!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because the Iraqis feared the "Rock of the Marne" Division and y'all just happen to catch them trying to get away to Iran. And then there was the how thing that no one's heard about yet. I "heard" the Marines stop them all, told 'em that they would have to beat the Marines so they could pass and they made the mistake of taking the Jarheads up on that challenge.

17. jekbrown

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif semper!!!

j

18. Stickseler

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whos still in the city /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nice Army kill ratio though 3000:1on there Sunday drive /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

19. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    Nice Army kill ratio though 3000:1on there Sunday drive

[/ QUOTE ]
    Have ya heard, the Army should be rewarded for their non-discrimatory practices when shooting people in Baghdad; they nailed a Russian diplomat. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

20. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'd be scared if the broke TV was coming for me too! (3rd ID)

EDIT:

It's 228 years. The Navy's birthday is October 13th, 1775. Marines is part of the Navy and 2003 - 1775 = 228.