Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What is a shackle flip?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 13lazer, Mar 17, 2006.

1. 13lazer

13lazer 1/2 ton status

i'm about to put my 1972 k5 back together. my frame off resto is about to start up again. i have a 14bff rear w/4.10's and a new set of stock 3/4 ton rear leafs. my original intention was to build it as close to stock as possible with no lift. now im leaning towards a mild performance upgrade focusing on durability.
    id like to hear from you guys who have made simple modifications that made genuine improvements. i also have a 3/4 ton 10 bolt front with the big tubes from 1979 i think, and my original front springs. my frame is completely stripped and has been blasted and painted with por15. my options are open at this point and i'd like to avoid as much rework as i can. or at least my usual re-rework.
    thanx in advance
    13lazer
    :bow:

2. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Check out ORD's website (one of our sites' sponsors) and read about the flip. Also look on the tech pages where there is a write up on the flip kit. Basically it allows a 2 1/2" or 4" rear lift using stock springs and no blocks giving a stock like ride as opposed to arched rear lift springs' firm ride.

3. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner