Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What is going on?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Citizen Rider, May 17, 2006.

1. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

My carb is acting like some trash is in it. So i pulled into my driveway, put it in neutral and slowly gunned it. Usually fixes the carb. Turned it off and started to get out. I then noticed white smoke coming from under my hood. I popped the hood to find what i thought i caught fire. I had white smoke coming out of my tranny vent hose....

I let it sit awhile and started it back up and tried getting a reading on the dipstick. Couldnt get a good but it looked low. So i added some. The level did come up some from what little reading i could figure out. I then let it sit, and i went out and checked it after just starting it and running it through the gears real quick, and now seems to be too much fluid.

I have not driven it since the smoke and whatnot. But this is just killing me. Ive had this transmission at the transmission shop to be fixed 3 times since I got the transmission rebuilt In Febuary.

2. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

ttt for ya