Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What is happening to my jimmy??!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dewey, Jan 11, 2001.

1. dewey

dewey Registered Member

This problem just started today..When I'm going highway speed, this shimmy starts. It's like I'm driving over the warning notches in the road on the side, without the noise.. I can make it go away by putting on the brakes, but it comes right back. It only happens at speeds above 45. I don't think it's the wheel bearings. Maybe something in the steering... When I jacked up the front, I have about 1/2 inch play when pushing the tire front to back. any help??

D.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

maybe your tie rod ends or the ball joints if you dont think it is your wheel bearings then i would check these

s.smith 77blazer lookin 4 mud

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I am going to have to guees that it is maybe a u-joint..

Do you feel the shake/shimmy through the steering wheel or through the body??

If through the steering wheel, then it is probably in the front end(toe-rods, wheel joint, wheel bearing, etc.)

If through the body it is probably a u-joint or a tire/wheel out of balance... Or maybe even a driveshaft out of balance.

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; <A target="_blank" HREF=http://emmett.coloradok5.com>http://emmett.coloradok5.com</A>