Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what is interchangeble

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KENNY, Apr 10, 2002.

1. KENNY

KENNY 1/2 ton status

have an 84 blazer with a 305 4spd, am looking to get a 70 with a 307. what can i salvbage from the 84 that would got into the 70. AAXLES,brakes etc

2. conv76jimmy

conv76jimmy 1/2 ton status

Are you willing to sell the Seat Brackets & Rails from the 84 Blazer

3. littlebubba

littlebubba 1/2 ton status

Whats wrong with the 84? Are you going to be getting rid of the stuff you aren't going to use? Let us know whats for sale.

4. alta-aj

alta-aj Registered Member

I just did a 12 bolt 3:08 posi pinion and carrier swap from a 78 Blazer (I expect that the '84 would be the same) into the case of my 72 Jimmy. It was all done in three hours!! Thanks for the input Steve Chin!!

Initially though, I was going to swap the whole axle c/w brakes and all to get the advantage of the 3" wide brake shoes. When I looked at it, I would have had to swap the spring saddles, shock mounts, etc, as well as the emergency brake cables - a lot of work. A buddy of mine did one and it took him six hours of cutting, aligning and rewelding with all the right tools - and that didn't include the install into his truck

Trany and clutch should be a direct bolt on as well..

5. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

You could swap in your front axle so you can take advantage of the bigger u-joints since the 70 had smaller u-joints. Also it would give you disc brakes if it doesnt have them. THe rear could be swapped in, but like mentioned above, you need to cut and rewed perches.