Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What is it about Jeeps...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

What is it about Jeeps that give their owners this nasty freaking attitude??? If anyone knows, please tell me... I got a buddy on MSN who used to wheel a damn SUBARU till he bought a 97 Wrangler... Now he IM's me about once a month to talk about something... then asks about my truck... then proceeds to talk [darn] about it, like it's a crime to own anything other than a Jeep, and wheeling with an IFS is going to bring the world to an end. And whooolllllyyyyyyyyy crap I thought he was gonna go on a killing spree when I showed him PICTURES of my Explorer wheeling /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Anyway... just wanted to point that out... It just seems to be the wrangler/cj freaks too... I've met some people who wheel XJ's and Grand Cherokees and the old Full Size Jeeps, and for the most part they're pretty cool... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

oh... yeah... my Explorer is looking kinda "ghetto"... I guess it's wrong to wheel a vehicle that doesn't have shiny paint... isn't rust-free... and doesn't have dents /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

One of my good friends owns a jeep and he's the nicest guy I know....so he changed my perspective alittle bit /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif But I agree, there are alot of arrogant jeepies out there!

4. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

the trails around here are donimated by jeeps....for themost part they just look at us fullsizers kinda funny /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif...but i know and wheel with several that are good guys /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif in any crowd or group hobby theres always some asswipes though /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

i have yet to meet anybody realy mean. For the most part its just kinda the freindly ragging on each others trucks. But then again most people that i end up running into are friends of friends and know that you never know who may come to help so sometimes its best to bite yout tongue.

6. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

We have a place down here in So Cal that is dominated by Heeps. As a matter of fact, all the heavy brush trails are only an inch wider than most Heeps. Untill we show up with a bunch of full size Blazers that is... Then the trails get somewhat wider as we plow our way through.

When we meet up with the Heepers in a head on situation, they gladly move off to the side so we can get through. We also usually talk to them a bit and I have found the conversation to be pretty nice. They are always helpfull as to what we can expect ahead of us and one time they even helped us to get un-lost as we didn't have a GPS with us. They are usually amazed at how we can get through and our lack of concern for paint and body dammage.

The place I'm reffering to is Los Coyotes Indian Reservation. If you are ever in California this is a MUST DO run. Miles and miles of trails with every kind of wheeling from light to extra tough. Ratings run the whole gambit. Great camping sites and a truly beautifull place... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Just remember that you're going to see lots of Heepers there.

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I thought you were gonna say...

What is it about jeeps....and hottie blondes that drive them. If I see one more damn stock heep with a hot 18 year old blonde with her nose in the air talking on her cell phone and smoking a virginia slim that won't even look up and wave at another wheeler, i'm gonna start playing road tag!!! Damn hotties. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

next time the heep lover gives u crap about IFS, go for the low blow man.. mention the liberty. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

j

9. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif that's just evil... I like it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. jekbrown

or if u really wanna play dirty, you could start talkin about the new willys. Every heeper over on por is having a freaking fit over that thing... they absolutely HATE it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

11. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Out here (Oklahoma), it's "run whatcha brung". Lotsa fullsizers. Only one punkass I can remember, and he just acted smug. Most everyone are "good ole boys", and the ones that wheel Jeeps are usually built tough w/ Chevy stuff /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

John

12. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

13. jekbrown

i think thats part of the problem... soiling the willys name with a simple rebadge job or something. i dunno. we're talking about people who actually get in heated arguements over which is better... round headlights or rectangular. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

j

14. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

round is the best, rectangular blows /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

well we all know that real jeeps have round headlights...
    so when i was driving my 4runner..i took it to "swamp cabbage" which is a big mudhole a little east of here..a wrangler got stuck right in front of where i parked, so being the nice guy i am, i stood in front of my toyota, right next to the "i understand the jeep thing, thats why i drive a toyota" sticker and asked if he wanted me to pull him out...he said no, his friend with a jeep would do it..so his friend in a cj5 comes up with his winch, all big and bad...too bad he broke the front driveshaft trying to hold the cj still while winching..cj guy gave up, when i offered to pull again, he said no, and had a buggy pull him out..silly jeepers..

17. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    heated arguements over which is better... round headlights or rectangular.

[/ QUOTE ]
    bahahaha omg are you serious??????

18. jekbrown

never witnessed that? good lord.. and its an ugly sight.

j

19. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I'v met a lot of good jeepers and some real jerks. Most of the hardcore jeepers are pretty cool people who apriciate any built 4x4. Its the ones that think they are hardcore but cant drive for crap that are the jerks.

Everyone knows rectangular lights are the best.<font color="white">BRB</font> /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

never seen it. lol. baahahaha thats funny though.