Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What is it called?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JTB, Nov 16, 2001.

1. JTB

JTB 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, I need this part that attaches the CV joint to the t-case. My t-case is a 205, the part should have a square plate with four bolt holes on one side and a u-joint connection on the other side. If you have one you will sell, let me know. If you know what it is called, also let me know because I will need to know what to ask for when I go to buy it. Thanks,
    Jeff

2. cleszkie

cleszkie 1/2 ton status

I think you are talking about a drive shaft yoke.

3. JTB

JTB 1/2 ton status

Anybody have an extra?

No officer, I don't remember doing donuts on your lawn

4. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey dude,
    I think what you are talking about is called a "flange".
    It isn't a yoke for a u joint, but a flat round plate with 4 holes in it for the CV joint to bolt to...

Here's a pic of mine (flange off the back of my NP205 for the CV joint) if this is what you are talking about...
    <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/Ryans1972Blazer/picsofryansblazer.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&amp;PhotoID=247>http://communities.msn.com/Ryans1972Blazer/picsofryansblazer.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&amp;PhotoID=247</a>

Mine uses four 12sided 12mm bolts with plenty of loctite to bolt the CV joint to the flange.
    Hope this helps.

5. JTB

JTB 1/2 ton status

Thanks Ryan, for some reason I couldn't open up your page to see the pictures (site could not be found) but I did find my manual. The part I need is not the flange, it is the last part of the CV joint. Maybe a junkyard will have one.
    Jeff

No officer, I don't remember doing donuts on your lawn